Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , new here and to snowmobiling, I have a 1996 Polaris XCR 600 triple, had a float sticking but now it’s repaired, my question is how do I sync the carbs, set the idle and air screw? Any help would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
19,586 Posts
Hi , new here and to snowmobiling, I have a 1996 Polaris XCR 600 triple, had a float sticking but now it’s repaired, my question is how do I sync the carbs, set the idle and air screw? Any help would be much appreciated!
Search is your friend. This has been covered many times in the XCR/XLT forum. There were a couple of different triple 600 engines used in 96 XCRs. The monoblock with 3-1 single pipe and the triple pipe triple individual cylinder version. Carb setup should be similar but adjustment settings may vary a bit. The 3-1 is in the wedge chassis, the triple triple is in the aggressive chassis. I have the factory shop manual for both.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Search is your friend. This has been covered many times in the XCR/XLT forum. There were a couple of different triple 600 engines used in 96 XCRs. The monoblock with 3-1 single pipe and the triple pipe triple individual cylinder version. Carb setup should be similar but adjustment settings may vary a bit. The 3-1 is in the wedge chassis, the triple triple is in the aggressive chassis. I have the factory shop manual for both.
Thanks for the reply! I have the triple / triple as you called it, 3 separate jugs for each cylinder, I did a search, scrolled through many pages but didn’t find what I was looking for, any info would be much appreciate, I’ll also continue to search for it here.

·
Premium Member
19,586 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I have the triple / triple as you called it, 3 separate jugs for each cylinder, I did a search, scrolled through many pages but didn’t find what I was looking for, any info would be much appreciate, I’ll also continue to search for it here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply! I had seen that post, I believe that my sled is not a SP, wasn’t sure if that was the same spec for the air and idle adjustment, I’m also looking on how the sync the carbs, I had seen a post for a Indy 500 using a 1/4 inch drill bit to set the throttle cables, would that be ok to use for my 1996 600 XCR?

·
Premium Member
19,586 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply! I had seen that post, I believe that my sled is not a SP, wasn’t sure if that was the same spec for the air and idle adjustment, I’m also looking on how the sync the carbs, I had seen a post for a Indy 500 using a 1/4 inch drill bit to set the throttle cables, would that be ok to use for my 1996 600 XCR?
No. Use a smaller drill bit to set cables, then a 1/4" to set idle height. This is intended to set the throttle lever safety gap of .010-.030". Do not use cables to set idle height. If you do, you won't have a safety gap and sled won't start. I believe all 96 600 triple triples were SP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No. Use a smaller drill bit to set cables, then a 1/4" to set idle height. This is intended to set the throttle lever safety gap of .010-.030". Do not use cables to set idle height. If you do, you won't have a safety gap and sled won't start. I believe all 96 600 triple triples were SP.
Ok thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
7,097 Posts
Correct, any 1996 600 XCR that is dark Sapphire blue on the aggressive Two headlight body, with three separate cylinders, has three pipes (expansion chambers) from the factory and is the limited build 2 per dealer MY96 600 XCR SP.

If a white wedge with one headlight body, a monoblock engine with three pistons and spark plugs, and factory Single pipe, it is a MY96 600 XCR (NOT an SPecial).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts