Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new here great site I am thinking of buying a 1996 formula 600 with 13,000 km on it the guy said he put new wheels and bearings in this fall and cleaned carbs I asked if the motor ever was done over and he said the guy he bought it from put &1,100 into the engine 4 years ago he wants $1,450 cdn for it just wondering what I should check when I look at it or if I should stay away from it please reply thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just picked one up myself for $1000 Canadian in mint shape, new studded track, just needs a limiter strap. They are a reliable sled for a triple, 127 hp (117 hp) realistically. Very quick sleds for the age and class. You want to check middle cylinder plug, they are the common foulers, give seals a spray when running to check for leaks. Check carb boots for holes/cracks right through, check middle of inside of track for rubbing (limiter strap, cheap fix). Other than that if the skid is tight and not cracked, and she runs clean go for it.

·
Registered
44,384 Posts
I've ridden big bag trips with 2 guys that owned 95 formula 600's. Reliability was good, but the suspension/handling performance was awful compared to the 95 poo xlts and xcr we had. Couldn't tell you if the 96's were improved. One thing i can say is the motor will make good power for a 600 triple when modified.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my sled,,95 formula 3,,the problem is that it came from California and I live in new York, it runs like a bag of s. T,,,,,I believe it's the jetting in the carbs,,MY question is,,what's the stock jetting,,for the East coast,,

·
Premium Member
39,128 Posts
Just got my sled,,95 formula 3,,the problem is that it came from California and I live in new York, it runs like a bag of s. T,,,,,I believe it's the jetting in the carbs,,MY question is,,what's the stock jetting,,for the East coast,,
Elevation and temps. determine jetting, not which State it's used in.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Let me know when your sick of it...Silver tunnel?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts