Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back I picked up a 95 zrt 600 with a scrapped engine. I notices the pipes are a little different then my 96 and 97 pipes. Some have said that these pipes make more power. Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
i'm pretty sure there wasn't really a "production" 95 zrt600. i thought they made like 20 or 50, but didn't start real production till 96. that may be part of the problem...

·
Registered
598 Posts
96 pipes were supposed create more hp than 97-98

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Officially I guess it is a 95 1/2 model year. Thanks for the reply's. When I get time I am going to put them on. Anybody remember the jetting specs?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I think I set got the D.D. triple pipes I had on my 95 some where (loud) 9250rpm.
The 95 was the fastest stock zrt 600 made period,got it the 24 th of Dec. 94 .
Lots of bugs ,but once dial in it was a hand ful .Race a 95 F-III in a brand versus
brand at a local sno-drag ....best of three......I went on to win two straight .
It was no secret that two early builds were gona show up (dealer prepared and all)
It was one hell of a sled,period.
Cape Breton Stock.............................. :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I owned a 95 ZRT600. It was produced in NOV 94. The dealer had it for a month then it was bought, I got it 2 years later.

The 95 pipes are the BEST. Period. A friend of mine back then raced these sleds for AC.
96 pipes weren't as good, and the rest got de-tuned more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts