Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...all things being equal including price, condition ect...which sled do you buy for ripping around on...some trail riding...ect.. Is the Fuji triple more bulletproof than the Zook 580?

·
Registered
40,287 Posts
Lets put it this way, overall the 600 poo is a better package when you get it sorted out or you get a good motor. We had both sleds in our group. The 600 poo triple of mine had a crank issue that once welded the sled was a terror on the trails. The 580 cat couldn't compete power wise, but i will say it was a more reliable engine. We had guys in the group with indy 500 fuji's that ran as well as the 580 on the trail and in drag races.

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply...to me they are both classic sleds. You have the ZR look and Polaris wedge...awesome sleds.

·
Registered
602 Posts
6 of us bght 95' XCR-600's back in the day. I had mine the longest,put 9,500 miles on it with PSI pipes spinning @ 9,800 rpm's,no eng issues. 2 otta the 6 had crank problems,luck of the draw I guess. The 95' had the lwrd body with big anti-sway bar,best fast groomed trail rider I've ever had. Get this I have a 1,300 mile 95'right now all stk,beautiful cond,still tickles my ears when running. The triple sound will take ya back in time... Ahhh,I have a stk 01' ZRT600 too,can't get it otta my system,lol. Hdal

·
Registered
669 Posts
We had the Cats....440, 550, 580, 500 & 600’s. Hardly ever an engine issue and great trail sleds. The 580 was gruff and mean, loved it. Others in the group had the Polaris. Not much issue there either. Hoods up on occasion in both. I’d that the Cat for handling but guess I’m a bit biased!! Nicer sitting position I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had the Cats....440, 550, 580, 500 & 600’s. Hardly ever an engine issue and great trail sleds. The 580 was gruff and mean, loved it. Others in the group had the Polaris. Not much issue there either. Hoods up on occasion in both. I’d that the Cat for handling but guess I’m a bit biased!! Nicer sitting position I thought.

Good info and I do like the fact that Cat has A Arms and not trailing arms. :fistpump2::fistpump2:

·
Registered
40,287 Posts

Imo, cat did have a superior sitting position and bars. I never thought cats front end was as good as the polaris though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Two of us bought '95 ZR 580's and the other guy a '95 XCR 600 brand new. The ZR's out handled the XCR but the XCR was faster in a straight line. Add a little clutching and the ZR was even better. That ZR was one of the most fun sleds I've had. The harder you rode it, the better it handled.

·
Registered
20,009 Posts
It was actually way over carbed with those big 40s. if you spent a lot of time dialing them in they ran real good. I personally would go for efi. Also plan on putting a clutch on it. The primary clutches were only good for about 1200 miles before it needed a rebuild

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Had the efi version and it ran flawlessly for over 8K miles. Stock except for clutch kit and never had any premature primary clutch failures. A rebuild in 1200 miles? No way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts