Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever owned the old style mach 1? Not the 617 but the 93/94 prs bullit chassis 670 version.. I know they rode like a frickin log and had zero suspension travel, but what a unique machine in my mine for its day. Just looked fast sitting there.. plus the bullet proof 670. Anyone had a good clutch combination they used or good mods?

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey!
i had one, fast for it's day...and looks way ahead of its time.
check out the specs for the 92 mIx..i ran pretty much the same set-up.
same rotary vavle, 44mm carbs, 3 stage helix w/16lbs of pre-load, custom ground 148 ramps for 5000rpm engagement.
larry wilson in orangeville or bill cudney could help you out with the numbers..they are all out of the skidoo race manual.
it's been along time.
racing on the grass, from losing 1st round every time out my first year..to taking B-stock and some A-stock wins. i had a "4cyl guy" laugh at me in the stageing lanes. 2 machz's and a v-max 4 in the final...my best win ever. properly set-up it's hard to beat.
good luck!
cheers!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey!
i had one, fast for it's day...and looks way ahead of its time.
check out the specs for the 92 mIx..i ran pretty much the same set-up.
same rotary vavle, 44mm carbs, 3 stage helix w/16lbs of pre-load, custom ground 148 ramps for 5000rpm engagement.
larry wilson in orangeville or bill cudney could help you out with the numbers..they are all out of the skidoo race manual.
it's been along time.
racing on the grass, from losing 1st round every time out my first year..to taking B-stock and some A-stock wins. i had a "4cyl guy" laugh at me in the stageing lanes. 2 machz's and a v-max 4 in the final...my best win ever. properly set-up it's hard to beat.
good luck!
cheers![/b]
haha so nice.. :) I have a few race manuals.. I havent looked too much into them.. seriously the same set up will work eh? I didnt know Larry's Small engines was still open..? I did searching online for it before.. good to hear!

·
Registered
202 Posts
as i stated in my other post I just had my 91/92 out yesterday does not excellerate or break as fast as my polaris but it was reliable and it handles like its on rails. it does ride like a log though. I think it could keep up with any newer unstudded sled on the trail due to the fact that it can take corners much quiker it is so low to the ground

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.