Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week i bought a 91 Indy 500. It was in decent shape but had low compression. I bought some wisecos and a top end winderosa gasket set. Cleaned everything up. Rebuilt it. I also got new carb flanges. Rebuilt the carbs with new needles and seats. Started the motor. It runs very good. Except sometimes it stay at the idle i have it set at. When i was running it i set the idle at 1700rpm. I then took it for a ride in the field then when i stop it will idle at 22oorpm. I turned the idle back down and its ok now. Any perticular reason this was happening?
Now as for the suspension. The front seams to sit pretty low. The shocks are not adjustable. I have seen some other Polaris sleds with the same front end and they have a wider ski stance and sit taller. Is there anything i could do to make this acheivement with my sled? If i have to get a whole different suspension then i will. The rear suspension sort of sags a little. Whats the best method into raising the rear? Any suggestions are opinions is much appreciated. Thanks guys and think snow!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I have a complete front suspension for a '97 xlt sp. I used the springs off the front shocks on another project, so you will have to find some. It will bolt right on to your sled. It gives you a full 10" of travel and sits almost as high as my xlt on the right, and widens the stance from 38 to 42. I would suggest an extra 10 for the rear. My buddy has one available. I would like $200 for mine plus shipping. Call for more info (810) 241-0911

1 - 2 of 2 Posts