Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new to this site and i was wondering if anybody could help me? I bought a 1976 polaris colt 340ss today. I had it running about a year ago (beacuse it was my buddies) now it does not have spark! One cylinder has a little electric flowing threw the plug wire (i felt it lol) but not enough for spark. So far i took off the ingnition coils cleaned them cut the plug wires re-tightned them in to the coils and still nothing! So now i think its the points or could it be anything else? Can points be cleaned? I allready have the pull starter off now i need a flywheel puller but i can get that.

Thanks for the help! :luxhello:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hi guys im new to this site and i was wondering if anybody could help me? I bought a 1976 polaris colt 340ss today. I had it running about a year ago (beacuse it was my buddies) now it does not have spark! One cylinder has a little electric flowing threw the plug wire (i felt it lol) but not enough for spark. So far i took off the ingnition coils cleaned them cut the plug wires re-tightned them in to the coils and still nothing! So now i think its the points or could it be anything else? Can points be cleaned? I allready have the pull starter off now i need a flywheel puller but i can get that.

Thanks for the help! :luxhello:[/b]

Yes you can file the points. That's what it sounds like is needed. Good luck

Bruce

1 - 2 of 2 Posts