Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I will be waiting next year until I see good amounts of rideable snow - first time ever. Extra $50 is better than $180 for jack shit.

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
More $$$$ in the bank to fix all the ruts made by Jeeps and ATV's.

:div20:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Wouldn't hold your breath.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Did you check with your insurance company? I presume they're going to give your money back if you don't ride. RIGHT[/b]
They will if you cancel all but fire and theft! :banghead:

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Better be a nice discount next year for those of us who bought early this year or I'll be going without a pass in 2008[/b]

Wait till the snows fly!!!! If it'' ever come.....Are they gonna give the money back if this weather continues......or give us free passes for next season????[/b]

No worries boys if this year tanks, and 60,000 other sledders think the same as you two next year. You wont have to buy pass's, because organized sledding in Ontario will be a thing of the past, no province wide interconecting trail system, spotty grooming by a few clubs that manage to remain afloat (for another year if lucky), no more land owners alowing land use due to no insurance. It's not like the federal Goverment will bail us out, they wont even help the farmers.

It's not the fault of the OFSC or the local clubs it hasn't snowed yet, aside from the fuel for the groomers (witch is less than 10% of the permit cost) all the other bills have to be paid to keep things afloat.

Ask Mother Nature or Old Man Winter to give you a refund or a discount :frech32:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
That's the way the cookie crumbles....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rebate time for anyone that bought permits this year. If trails in your area (where you purchased your permit) do not open at all, it is only fitting the OFSC gets creative and compensates sledders.

G

·
I hope the price for next year remains static . I will buy again at the lower price. Plus 8 up here on friday no cold weather until 3rd week of the month I hope we get 100cm just like last year in Jan. and can ride for at least 8 weeks. If I only get 2 weeks in then still well worth it seeing it costs about $65.00 a day just for gas and oil the 180.00 is still a bargain. Problem is I have set aside time starting on the 17th to ride and looks like I will have to make other plans now.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Problem with the wait to buy your permit until late is the clubs don't get any money for putting in trail. The actual cost to run the groomer is minimal compared to the season prep. If there is not enough money to put in trail then guess what - then trail will be missing. We have had loans before on the backs of members to keep going. We can't do that anymore because it is too stressfull.

Most of the costs associated with putting together a season are incurred well in advance of the first snow. When we spend months getting trail in, organizing all the components of running a trail system we don't think of a poor season. We still spend countless hours doing the work so hopefully others will get to enjoy our sport.

Volunteers do not get paid. I do not receive a cent. You think 180 is bad, try putting fuel in your truck all year round to do all the pre-season tasks, spending time on courses and sessions like risk managent, countless local and regional meetings and the cost to the "volunteer" becomes pretty steep. If I think hard enough I really should stop putting together a season for others and save myself bundles.

From my perspective, 180, 230 is pretty cheap. I still have all my "volunteer" costs plus purchasing 2 permits at full price.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.