Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 16’ zr8000rr, no battery and no electric start, I purchased the 18+ new style led housing and have retro fitted it to my sled, at idle the sled powers the headlight both hi/low beam just fine, but as soon as I rev the sled over idle the headlight will turn off and won’t come back on untill motor comes back down to idle, I’m using a cyclops adventure sports H4 rectifier to convert from AC to DC for just the headlight, I have tried an inline capacitor and that definitely does not work so now my next thinking is to buy a regulator/rectifier from a ES sled along with battery and battery harness but I’m not sure that’s what I need, please any help would be great!!

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
What is the wattage of the factory OE LED bulbs ? The Cyclops rectifiers may not have enough capacity for the draw.
I tried using a pair of 35w Cyclops rectifiers on a pair of Si Company 50w bulbs and the bulbs flickered at idle and when the PV's cycled.

Fixed my issue by putting the correct rectifier for the SI bulbs, supposedly they have larger capacitors for the extra wattage.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the wattage of the factory OE LED bulbs ? The Cyclops rectifiers may not have enough capacity for the draw.
I tried using a pair of 35w Cyclops rectifiers on a pair of Si Company 50w bulbs and the bulbs flickered at idle and when the PV's cycled.

Fixed my issue by putting the correct rectifier for the SI bulbs, supposedly they have larger capacitors for the extra wattage.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I have tried and can not find any information on the factory 18+ led headlight housing

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe cat sells the correct rectifier in the accessory catalog
Cat used to offer a AC to DC conversion but it is no longer available the only “rectifier” I can find is the main one that is a regulator/rectifier for ES models

·
Registered
2016 ZR8000 LTD
5 Posts
If you want to convert but can not find the Kit all you have to do is by the regulator and the harness
Kit includes:
P/N QTY DESCRIPTION
0630-312 1 DC Module (Regulator)
1686-720 1 Harness (Non-Electric Start Models)
1686-719 1 Harness (Electric Start Models)
1653-893 1 Instructions

The instructions can be found on Country Cats Web site

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you want to convert but can not find the Kit all you have to do is by the regulator and the harness
Kit includes:
P/N QTY DESCRIPTION
1653-893 1 Instructions

And in your opinion this will be able to run the 18+ led headlight housing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kit includes:
P/N QTY DESCRIPTION
1653-893 1 Instructions

The regulator is available but the non-ES harness is not available

·
Registered
2016 ZR8000 LTD
5 Posts
The regulator is available but the non-ES harness is not available
Well That sucks, I did mine at the end of last season and run Led bulbs in my 16 housing and light is way better than stock bulbs also added a aftermarket seat heater all works good. Mine was ES and Country Cat had the harness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts