Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking for some pics of the 170 stud pattern with double backers. any pics would be great thanks

·
Registered
794 Posts
WOW!!!!! 170 studs, i hope u dont mind carrying all that extra weight, cause theres no need for that many studs, its just gonna slow u down.

·
Registered
844 Posts
170 studs will save your life..........my life is a great deal more important than squeezing out an additional 3-5mph out on the lake! As a matter of fact 170 is just about enough for the power of the F7

Sorry for the rant....its just that I have been reading some of the posts on here the last couple of days and some of the responses these teenagers are posting are absolutely insane. Guys, think before you post or blurt whatever the first thing that comes to mind - there are guys on here that are older and deserve much more respect than whats being shown. Not to mention the much more riding time they have in the saddle - just a thougt.
Evil

·
Registered
794 Posts
I dont just blurt things out that i have no idea about. Ive seen it, ive tested it out myself, and other guys are doin it also, so trust me i know what im talin about when i say this. 170 is basicly alot of weight u dont need, i only race 1000ft runs so top end means nothin to me, its all in how fast i can complete that 1000ft, i could care less about speed, but to all u guys who think 140 or 170 studs is the way to go, its realy not. All u need is about 100, measured .75 too 1 inch longer than your lug. And dont worry u wont hit your rad with these long studs, its been tested and proven all ready. Just go out and try this method before u blow all this money on 17o studs. If u find it dosnt work for u then add more, but if u do it right u will be very pleased. With 170 u only sratch the suface of the ice, with using 96 and a longer stud u actually pentrate the ice, there for u come out alot stronger, and trust me, in 660 or thousand foot run u either win or loose off line. So what would u rather doo?

·
Registered
794 Posts
And by the way i LOVE bein this young, cause the older guys just think im young i dont know nothin, but they have no idea how much a young person like myself can actually know about this sport. Ive been doin all my life. So just because im young dont underestimate, cause itll come back to haunt u some day when u line it up on the line with just some young kid. Cause that young kid could be the one too kick your butt in a race, usin a sled he built and tuned. Just a thought that i wanted too share with all the older guys out there. I respect the old guys but i think the old guys should show more respect for the young guys on this site.

J-RO

·
Registered
794 Posts
Barneyz71, if your tack is bigger than a 1inch, i would go no more than a 2 inch stud. with a 1.375 u got less room too play with.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Originally posted by 1 BAD KITTY@Oct 5 2005, 11:52 AM
And by the way i LOVE bein this young, cause the older guys just think im young i dont know nothin, but they have no idea how much a young person like myself can actually know about this sport.  Ive been doin all my life.  So just because im young dont underestimate,  cause itll come back to haunt u some day when u line it up on the line with just some young kid.  Cause that young kid could be the one too kick your butt in a race, usin a sled he built and tuned.  Just a thought that i wanted too share with all the older guys out there.  I respect the old guys but i think the old guys should show more respect for the young guys on this site. 

J-RO
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=909996
[/quote]

:div20: I love it when you go to a dealer and they "assume" you have the 1990 Indy 500 thats parked outside... and you actually have the new sled in the lot. Or when I traded in my old ZR600 I had a dealer that didnt want to sell me my sled because I was "in college" needless to say I went else where.

21 Years old! Woohoo. :frech11:

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
Originally posted by 1 BAD KITTY@Oct 5 2005, 12:46 PM
I dont just blurt things out that i have no idea about.  Ive seen it, ive tested it out myself, and other guys are doin it also,  so trust me i know what im talin about when i say this.  170 is basicly alot of weight u dont need,  i only race 1000ft runs so top end means nothin to me, its all in how fast i can complete that 1000ft,  i could care less about speed, but to all u guys who think 140 or 170 studs is the way to go, its realy not. All u need is about 100, measured .75 too 1 inch longer than your lug.  And dont worry u wont hit your rad with these long studs, its been tested and proven all ready.  Just go out and try this method before u blow all this money on 17o studs.  If u find it dosnt work for u then add more, but if u do it right u will be very pleased.  With 170 u only sratch the suface of the ice, with using 96 and a longer stud u actually pentrate the ice, there for u come out alot stronger, and trust me, in 660 or thousand foot run u either win or loose off line.  So what would u rather doo?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=909988
[/quote]
I'm putting 170 in mine even though I don't need it. I would rather be slow. What size track do you have your studs in?

·
Registered
794 Posts
1 inch track. with about 1 inch of stud showing above the luggs. Looneytune im sure u have heard of this guy im gonna tell u about. If u dont Glenn Hall has probably has heard of him. His name is Murch Macdonald, Hes the one that came up with the idea of puttin less studds and the studds bein longer. Im tellin ya this realy works. This murch guy owns Murch's High Performance up here in New Brunswick. Like him or hate him, he knows his stuff. JW if u have heard of this guy?

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
No, never heard of him, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what he is talking about. I like lots of studs, but that's just me. I have some long studs for mine, but not 1.5s. Mine are 1.375 from the shoulder of where the backing plate nut would stop. 1.5 OAL. Most guys on here aren't going to take the chance with a stud that long and don't really care about racing. They use them for safety in braking. You have to remember not everyone on here is a racer. I would say the largest percentage are your everyday trail rider not looking for every possible edge like some of us do. You have to be respectful of them too. :div20:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I agree not evreyone is a racer, and i do respect the guys that respect me, dont get me wrong. I wasnt tryin to dis respect anybody in now way. I just expect to be treated the same as somebody thats alot older too. And not be dis respected as some young kid who dont know nothin. In my case moneys tight, so this way makes it very good for me. And hey its a good idea, so i thought i would share it, cause me myself if somebody finds something that will help me out id like for them to share it also.

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
My daughter has a Sabercat 500. I plan on studding it for saftey. What is a good pattern that wont push the skis in the turns but still climb the icy hills?

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
I bet you could do fine with 2 in every other window, so maybe around 56? That would at least let you climb the icy spots with a 500.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts