Hardcore Sledder banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
I like it. One drawback is for those of us who like to replace that bearing every year, new bearing obviously doesn't have the groove in the inner race st o that would have to put in. Is there any testing or history to show if the pin ever gets loose or falls out? Also, I think it's still very important that the shaft-to-bearing fit is as tight as possible no matter what.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like it. One drawback is for those of us who like to replace that bearing every year, new bearing obviously doesn't have the groove in the inner race st o that would have to put in. Is there any testing or history to show if the pin ever gets loose or falls out? Also, I think it's still very important that the shaft-to-bearing fit is as tight as possible no matter what.
Pin is welded into shaft,the other end is trapped inside groove.😀

·
Registered
690 Posts
Looks like the original part# for 2015 ZR7000 driveshaft 0728-225 is now superceded by 0728-236 which is used on newer 4stroke ZR7000 and ZR9000 to current. Anyone know what changed on the newer driveshaft part# 0728-236 or differences from original 0728-225?

·
Registered
690 Posts
From from my research the original sprocket 2602-771 description is 9T-286P-MACH and the sprocket on newer 0728-236 is 2602-912 9T-286P-EXV. I am thinking the size is the same but the original sprocket was machined and newer is extruded plastic?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would hazard a guess the bearing/shaft tolerance is better or they changed vendors.
People that have received new shafts have stated that the bearing journal diameter on the disc brake side can be .002 to .005”loose fit compared to the bearing ID.They are either spray welding a used shaft,or reconditioning there shaft with a anti rotation pin,and slot inner race of the bearing.Franks motorcycle in Essex Jt offers this service.Be Safe 😀

Attachments

201 - 206 of 206 Posts