Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
For years, I have been volunteering along with many others to work with poor, inner city youths. In the last decade, the total number of professional athletes that I have seen volunteering with these kids equals ZERO.

Come Sunday, I'd rather be riding my dirt bike or snowmobile, or working on dirt bike or snowmobile trails than watching a bunch of millionaire cry babies.

Over 80% of NFL players are bankrupt within 3 years of leaving the NFL; who would take any advice from these clowns???

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
So if the NFL is supporting unity for our country why are they now playing 2 different songs to start the game. Is that not supporting "Division"

If the NFL and players are supporting unity why is there no organized message or positive influence outside of the game. Where are they when protesters are looting business, burning down businesses, defacing public property that tax payers will have to pay to fix. Are they kneeling because a 8 year old got shot and killed on the first day of school because he was in the wrong place when a drug deal went bad. Is Goodell and some of these kneeling players at the airport welcoming home our veterans. Nope.

They'll take a knee during the national anthem, listen to now 2 different songs, lock arms as a sign of entitlement and try to suck up all the attention for themselves as they can get.

Will they help resolve any unrest......................Nope

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
24,047 Posts
Help me out with the "Black National Anthem"

Do we sit or stand?
Hats on or off?
Hats facing forward, backwards, or sideways?
Hand over your heart, salute or right hand raised with a clinched fist?
What Flag are we suppose to face?
Will the "Black National Anthem" be played prior to other countries National Anthems if playing a "Sport" in another country??
Will we get some sort of flyover?

·
Registered
741 Posts
im done with all sports forever.i played football 8 yrs old to high school grad. coached youth league for 15 years for free.im completely done .wont allow it in my house.call me a racest or whatever you want,but i wish nothing but the worst for all involved with disrespecting our country and destroying a game and our country.a giant fuck you to them

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I bought a flight bag from a relative 12 years ago. I would walk barefoot and shirtless before I bought anything from that POS company.

·
Premium Member
6,193 Posts
Help me out with the "Black National Anthem"

Do we sit or stand?
Hats on or off?
Hats facing forward, backwards, or sideways?
Hand over your heart, salute or right hand raised with a clinched fist?
What Flag are we suppose to face?
Will the "Black National Anthem" be played prior to other countries National Anthems if playing a "Sport" in another country??
Will we get some sort of flyover?
As long as you draw attention to yourself the cause is not important it's the individual attention you draw to yourself.

·
Insane Madcatter
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Today I would be a little excited to see my shitty team play, but I will not be watching until the Politics are removed COMPLETELY.
Looks like I might be waiting a long time. Fine with me.

·
Insane Madcatter
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
NFL Sunday Night Football ratings drop 28%.

that’s a fall of 28% in the ratings and a hard decline of 23% in sets of eyeballs from what the September 8, 2019 official start of SNF snagged in the early numbers of its opening game of last season. While the early Nielsen data lacks West Coast numbers, which is kind of important when you have a team from the mega-market of LA playing, this result is going to be hard pill for the NFL and NBC to swallow.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,840 Posts
Here's the thing, ratings are NOT going to hurt the players in the short run one bit, they all have their contracts, and the owners are on the hook for paying them. It will take a few YEARS for this to flush out to their pocket books, if that even happens.

Take Dalvin Cook for example, RB for the Vikings. My son texted me on Saturday I think it was that they signed him to a 5 year, $63M with $28M guaranteed, and he thought it was such a great signing, only 6th highest paid RB in the league with a new contract! So let's think about that. Thursday was the first game, we saw how the ratings were down on it. You don't think his agent said to him, "Take what they have on the table now, because if the rest of the league goes like this first game, owners are not going to be willing to throw that kind of cash at players if you hold out for more."

Just a guess on my part, but any player that is holding out for more money is just shooting himself in the foot right now.

·
Insane Madcatter
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here's the thing, ratings are NOT going to hurt the players in the short run one bit, they all have their contracts, and the owners are on the hook for paying them. It will take a few YEARS for this to flush out to their pocket books, if that even happens.
This is all true.
Ratings would have to drop for a long period of time, and most folks are just willing to ignore/put up with the nonsense.
I actually don't mind the players staying in the locker room for the anthem, if that was all that happened I might not be that turned off.
But there's pre game talk about it. Talk during the game about it. Commercials about it. Political slander on jerseys, helmets, and just everything with sports is littered with politics.

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
24,047 Posts
There's a very simply solution to this....... Stop playing the National Anthem at all sporting events, flip a coin, play ball, drop the puck, have at it boys. The National Anthem has noting to do with sporting events, no Anthem being played then there's nothing and no reason to kneel.

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
They win if the anthem goes bye bye.

Fuk them. Plain and simple.

Btw, look this girl up. She’s s real superstar.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
I had the game on the radio for a while yesterday. I saw a highlight on TV later and in the end zone they painted the grass to say end racism.
I was already pretty much done and after seeing that I'm done. The richest, most idolized people and sport in this country telling us poor saps that were racist is a kick in the nuts, NFL can burn. Blacks are way over represented in the NFL, they're all rich, dorky white guys sit around all week talking about them and playing fantasy and buying jerseys of black people who are RICH as fuck and they want to preach to their fans about racism fuck them. I realize it's not the players making these decisions but I don't care I'm not going to look at that or support it in any way. Not that I was a huge football fan anyway but for sure not now.

·
Insane Madcatter
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
It continues:

• Steelers at Giants: This game drew 10.8 million viewers on ESPN, down 21% from the early-game opener during Week 1 of the 2019 NFL season
  • Titans at Broncos: Drew 7.7 million viewers, down a whopping 38% from the late game last year.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts