Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I didn't watch. I might watch a few minutes of my team on Sunday, just curious about what it will be like with no fans in the seats.

I think the NFL will always have fans... but I've been saying I will boycott them for years, too many ridiculously bad calls and dumb rules.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
God I know what you mean. My wife loves watching football and does fantasy football too. My work has a fantasy league and I joined so my wife can play as me. She explained alot of her strategy and watches a podcast (that only talkes about football... Thats it.) To help her along. Hearing he talk about what she knows made me want to watch the NFL for once in my life. As it was starting and seeing all the BLM type stuff I said "do we really have to watch this crap just to see football?" And then they even called out some player because he didnt support or stand or kneel or something? My wife was even mad. She said seriously your going to call him out. Thats his choice! They all scream equality except for the ones who dont want to bow down and conform. Its f-ing disgusting!!
I loved playing fantasy football, been playing for overs 10 years in Yahoo Pro leagues, made money most years...I cancelled Yahoo, and WILL NOT watch a game, or participate in fantasy football again...and I LOVED playing.

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
I don't agree with any of the nfl kneeling or any other sport for that matter. Also don't agree how nfl players were able to opted out of the 2020 season if they didn't feel safe due to covid-19. I have to go to work everyday at my plant and don't get an option to sit home till next year, so why should they? With all that being said I will be tuning in on Sunday to cheer on the Buffalo Bills! I will keep watching until I no longer enjoy the game, which I still do, just don't enjoy the rest of the B.S.

·
Registered
18 Thundercat / 21 850 SKS 146
147 Posts
I will not be watching any of the bs in sports this year and hell maybe even next year depending on how all them big kids are acting. Its seriously a dam shame

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The worst part the players dont get why people boo them and just get tired of watching. People just want to watch the sport they dont care how you feel about any thing off the field. They use sports as a way to relax but if all the players do is try to use there sport as a fix for the worlds problems. All you do is drive people away ,do something away for the field is you feel so strongly about it but not on the field. I watched hockey instead of the NFL.With hockey they just play and if they cant get along they kick each others asses. LOL

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know I've posted this several times but still worth reading.........

To the players of the NFL: We are the people who buy your tickets, watch you on TV, and wear your jerseys. We anxiously wait for Sundays so we can cheer for you and marvel at your athleticism. Although we love to watch you play, we care little about your opinions until you offend us. You have the absolute right to express yourselves, but we have the absolute right to boycott you. We have tolerated your drug use and DUIs, your domestic violence, and your vulgar displays of wealth. We should be ashamed for putting our admiration of your physical skills before what is morally right.

But now you have gone too far. You have insulted our flag, our National Anthem, our country, our soldiers, our police officers, and our veterans. You are living the American dream, yet you disparage our great country. I am done with NFL football and I encourage all like-minded Americans to enjoy another activity rather than watching the NFL as well.
Could not have said this any better! I have been done with the NFL for two years now ever since that Kaepernick jerk stunt. I am so done with this bullshit. They should be ashamed of themselves but the sad part of this is that they are not. These big corporations just don't seem to get it. We are the ones spending our hard earned dollars on their products not these left wing nut jobs out rioting, looting, committing crimes and disrespecting our United States. I so hope that the NFL and others that support this crap fold. It will serve them right. I'm done with the NFL, Nascar, Hockey, Baseball and Basketball. They all support this evilness and I will not have any part of it. For now I still have Snowmobiling and Indycar. Other then that not much left in the sports world that I will support.

·
Administrator
24,931 Posts
Could not have said this any better! I have been done with the NFL for two years now ever since that Kaepernick jerk stunt. I am so done with this bullshit. They should be ashamed of themselves but the sad part of this is that they are not. These big corporations just don't seem to get it. We are the ones spending our hard earned dollars on their products not these left wing nut jobs out rioting, looting, committing crimes and disrespecting our United States. I so hope that the NFL and others that support this crap fold. It will serve them right. I'm done with the NFL, Nascar, Hockey, Baseball and Basketball. They all support this evilness and I will not have any part of it. For now I still have Snowmobiling and Indycar. Other then that not much left in the sports world that I will support.
That’s all fine and dandy but I can’t tell you how many people still spend money on things made by companies that they don’t agree with on their social policies. Nike is still a multi-billion dollar company and this bs will not be the end of them, I’m sure, unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Its hard to tell wtf is going on anymore. People probably didn't even know it was on yet lol. I didn't watch much but caught some of the pre game. Couldn't stand to watch

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
dont buy things that say Nike anymore unless its at a garage sale

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's good to see that a significant portion of Americans are completely fed up with entitled, overpaid athletes constantly sticking their racial and political views in peoples faces. I cannot imagine heading into work everyday and subjecting all of my coworkers and customers to my own views on subjects completely non-related to my professional career. Perhaps I should be taking a knee before every meeting, or maybe before I begin a presentation in front of a few hundred potential customers I should begin with my views on the racial divide.

I have spent my entire career of more than 3 decades working and socializing with people of every race, color and nationality. I have traveled the world doing this and am deeply offended when I am constantly being told that Americans are a fundamentally racist people. This is a platform being leveraged for political gain and with zero regard for what it is doing to the people of this country.

This current movement is doing more to widen the racial divide then any other in history. It is actually forcing people to take sides when most see no reason to be taking any side at all.

·
Administrator
24,931 Posts
dont buy things that say Nike anymore unless its at a garage sale
I just ran the wife up to the jewelry store at a local outlet mall so she could get her wedding rings inspected for the warranty. The Nike store next door had literately 100 people waiting for them to open so they could get in. Another 20 have walked in there in the 5 minutes they’ve been open. I’m glad you feel better about doing your part but the simple fact is like I said, us little guys aren’t hurting that company one iota.
It's good to see that a significant portion of Americans are completely fed up with entitled, overpaid athletes constantly sticking their racial and political views in peoples faces. I cannot imagine heading into work everyday and subjecting all of my coworkers and customers to my own views on subjects completely non-related to my professional career. Perhaps I should be taking a knee before every meeting, or maybe before I begin a presentation in front of a few hundred potential customers I should begin with my views on the racial divide.

I have spent my entire career of more than 3 decades working and socializing with people of every race, color and nationality. I have traveled the world doing this and am deeply offended when I am constantly being told that Americans are a fundamentally racist people. This is a platform being leveraged for political gain and with zero regard for what it is doing to the people of this country.

This current movement is doing more to widen the racial divide then any other in history. It is actually forcing people to take sides when most see no reason to be taking any side at all.
Amen to ALL of that. 👍🏻

21 - 40 of 69 Posts