1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday-September 24 & Sunday-September 25

Up Front Promotions 15th Annual Snowmobile Swap Meet Swap Meet
on the LAke County Fairgrounds Rts 120 & 45 in Grayslake, IL

Information Buy / Sell / Trade Used Items Hundreds [yes hundreds per day] of Used Snowmobiles / Motorcycles / ATVs / Watercraft / Trailers / Clothing / Parts and Accessories.

This Swap Meet is part of the Snowmobile USA Show. This is the largest snowmobile show and sale in the state and the swap meet now in its' 15th year is certainly the largest in Illinois / Wisconsin area.

With an overall show attendance of over 10,000 there are hundreds of sellers and buyers on hand. This is why this Swap Meet is So Successful !!! Swap space is reasonably priced at $30 and up [premium space must be pre-paid online] per space - per day plus show admission for your used sale items / a space is considered a two place trailer with up to 2 sleds and your used accessories.

Note: Larger spaces will be assigned and an additional fee will be assessed upon arrival if you are oversize. (we determine what a 2 place trailer is)

Snowmobile USA Show Sale & Swap / Rts 45 & 120 - Grayslake, IL additional info @ http://www.up-front.net or email [email protected]

contact Bill Sparks
[email protected] or cell #815-503-9155

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I had to buy bibs for my wife. Otherwise I got a good deal on quick release goggles. Thank god I brought a lot of beer. My buddies and I go cause my 1 buddy's kid ran his Z120. Too bad it don't go 40 like the winners did.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
I have been going to this event for the last 5 years and each year has gotten worse. Less vendors, and less to see. It is just a shame. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was told it was because of the cost of the booth space and also most new vendors don't like the idea of people selling the same things outside for 1/2 the price.
2 years ago it cost $500 for a 10 x 10 indoor spot. When you have to give your stuff away, it takes a long time just to get back your entrance.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been to that show the last couple years and I was not impressed. My buddy said that it was supposed to be better last year and it still sucked. I couldn't find any good prices on anything I wanted. A lot of people wanting top dollar for JUNK I thought. The grass drags were OK but I'm not a big fan of that. I guess I just was expecting more. This year I thought I'm not even going to waist my time

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would agree with you guys.If it was"nt for the 30.00$ hamburgers for two adults and two kids that took 30 minutes two eat we would have been out of there in one and a half hours.IM SORRY THAT INCLUDED COKES TO

·
Registered
562 Posts
You guys were lucky you weren't racing trying to move sleds in the mud and rain. Well at least our guy finished with 2 second place finishes in semi-pro 440 and 500 on sat, didn't race on sunday after looking at the track. Now I remember why I gave up the grass for the smooth asphalt, plus I get to ride all year long.

Hey anybody going to the Wauconda golf farm grass reace?

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Did anyone hear that the fair grounds were sold? I heard the show will be moving with the new fair grounds next year.And yes, I thought it was down this year even before the rain ran us out from watching the races.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did the fairgrounds were sold. As far as i know, the new grounds will be at Rt.83 and Peterson Rd??? Sound correct???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts