Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just left teal lake in negaunee and there was a 155mph run in 1000 feet.Not sure his name but he was from wisconsin and said that was a real small dose of nitrous and he was going to dial it up a bit more.Im sure he will be in the 160s by days end. I tried running in the non studded class and realized that shaved ice and a rubber track dont mix.Oh well Ill stick to trail eriding I guess.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
d,, are they hitting the stalkers range at the angle the pics shows? (basically, picking up sled in last 200-300' of run) ,if so, add another 3-5mph for cosine angle of error "correction factor" (if at an angle of "pickup" pic appears to show)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah,they were just blinking on the speed.there wasenough angle that you didnt see the numbers rise like ive seen at other events. the owner said hes run 170 on numerous occasions.

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
yeah,they were just blinking on the speed.there wasenough angle that you didnt see the numbers rise like ive seen at other events. the owner said hes run 170 on numerous occasions.[/b]
Thanks, thought that guns angle was kinda' steep beam (microwave spray pattern wise), hell like you said, 10-15 is more in order like that!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
That must be kurt mohawk?? He has done a 168 mph in a thousand feet!! fastest single engine pass ever documented.1620cc nitrous powered...

·
Registered
55 Posts
The driver of the sled is Mike Schmit. (Outlawracing) with no nos they ran 148.5 second run with 30 shot was 155.3 third run was 157.6 on 40lbs. The sled dose have a parashoot on it and has run 168mph they did not feel safe with only 1700 feet of shut down. Dave we sure wanted that snow track thanks for running your sled every runs helps.

Thanks Dale
Teal Lake Runs

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
The driver of the sled is Mike Schmit. (Outlawracing) with no nos they ran 148.5 second run with 30 shot was 155.3 third run was 157.6 on 40lbs. The sled dose have a parashoot on it and has run 168mph they did not feel safe with only 1700 feet of shut down. Dave we sure wanted that snow track thanks for running your sled every runs helps.

Thanks Dale
Teal Lake Runs[/b]
neat!! that sled does look amazingly alike to that mohawk sled..

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks Dale
Teal Lake Runs[/b]

Thanx for posting dale,I had fun even though mother nature made a snow track impossible it was still fun.I wonder what next years top speed will be.I think in the early years a person could win at barely over 100mph.This year I was standing at the finish for the 155 mph pass.You dont get a real good look at the sled at that speed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks to all who put this event on. I ran against my buddy with an ol indy 650 that i have been putzing with since this summer. beat him by 2.4 mph my....hahahaha. my top speed was an amazing 85.0 mph. here is a pic of the sled, maybe some of you saw me there. i didn't run till almost the end of the day as i has to work in the morning..didn't even figure on running until we got there. just brought the sled to be able to move around a bit and watch from different spots until the ol.....my sled would beat THAT ol pile. no,yes,no,yes....you can see where that ended up.....on the track. much fun though, and thanks to all who put this even on for all of your hard work and dedication.

P.S. do you guys know where there are any more radar runs this year? Had so much fun we want to try it again..

·
Registered
1 Posts
that thing is tight looking bet it was incredible to watch it running lol[/b]
as far as the angle of the gun your absolutely correct we ran with this new gun for several hours before a buddy thats a cop stopped by and mentioned something about the angle. we did not change it because we already had so many runs logged in that would have thrown everything off (like he said it will be consistant for everyone). the gun does work great but we are eventully looking for timing lights and a program for a lap top. The only reason we are trying for less radio communication, if anyone knows of a good deal on one please let me or dale know (upmiman). I would just like to say again thanks to all the racers for coming out to the event we had our biggest event ever. Next year we are going to turn the track out into the lake (weather permitting) to give some of these big dogs some room to stretch their
legs and put on one hell of a show. any suggestions on how we can improve this event in upcoming years please feel free to email me at [email protected]

·
Banned
10,423 Posts
as far as the angle of the gun your absolutely correct we ran with this new gun for several hours before a buddy thats a cop stopped by and mentioned something about the angle. we did not change it because we already had so many runs logged in that would have thrown everything off (like he said it will be consistant for everyone). the gun does work great but we are eventully looking for timing lights and a program for a lap top. The only reason we are trying for less radio communication, if anyone knows of a good deal on one please let me or dale know (upmiman). I would just like to say again thanks to all the racers for coming out to the event we had our biggest event ever. Next year we are going to turn the track out into the lake (weather permitting) to give some of these big dogs some room to stretch their
legs and put on one hell of a show. any suggestions on how we can improve this event in upcoming years please feel free to email me at [email protected][/b]
You'd be amazed how many police i've questioned lack full understanding of this principle, good to see some that do understand it, most questioned did not understand that if gun were in direct line of travel from either front or rear but the gun isn't at same level as sleds travel (if perched higher for clearance for instance) it will again have angle of error as sled is not directly approaching guns pick up horn and its microwaves path of travel,,,,,, for consistency though, yes ,left like that all day during runs was best then, good point :thumbsup:

The stalker pros are capable of picking up the sleds from over 2000 feet away (2200 according to Applied Concepts) when sensitivity is set on 9 (highest), with this range, setting it farther down track (cutting way down on cosine angle of error)or putting it uptrack (nearly directly behind running sleds) would have been sufficient to get damn near "perfect" readings, (just something to keep in mind for future runs if timers not found in short order)

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Just left teal lake in negaunee and there was a 155mph run in 1000 feet.Not sure his name but he was from wisconsin and said that was a real small dose of nitrous and he was going to dial it up a bit more.Im sure he will be in the 160s by days end. I tried running in the non studded class and realized that shaved ice and a rubber track dont mix.Oh well Ill stick to trail eriding I guess.[/b]

Very impressive until noticing it was a laydown L! j/k nice runs

·
Registered
150 Posts
now with you turning the track are you going to go farther that 1000' maybe 1/4 mile or just have more of a shutdown area?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts