Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if a skid frame and all out of a M7 153" will fit under a crossfire, and if so would i have to change the gears and everything else? if the gears and clutchs have to be change can the M7's slide right in??? the crossfire is a 600 and both are 2006. hope that i get alot of input on this one,, thanks

·
Premium Member
2,680 Posts
just wondering if a skid frame and all out of a M7 153" will fit under a crossfire, and if so would i have to change the gears and everything else? if the gears and clutchs have to be change can the M7's slide right in??? the crossfire is a 600 and both are 2006. hope that i get alot of input on this one,, thanks[/b]

yes it can be done i just put a 153 fox float skid set up in my crossfire,i used my 136 rails though.it will bolt right in.the front portion of the tunnel is the same you will need to add a rear tunnel extension and the cooling aspect,then drop brackets will have to be changed but will rivet right in the same holes,and will need to look at gearing and clutching and track drivers 3.0 pitch.at the end of the day you may want to ask yourself is it worth it.unless you have two sleds (an m series and a crossfire)at your disposal.if not you may just want to sell the crossfire and go buy a used m series.so it can be done,its gonna be a bit costly, is it worth it??? only you can decide that.
good luck!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kerry,
you used the 136 rails but have a 153 track and supention, did you just extend the rails? my buddy is going to go to a 162 with extentions to a 170 somthing, big bore kit, new gears, clutch kit and nos. so as you can tell he really isnt in need of money, and is going to give me a good price if it all works..please let me know any info that anyone has

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I did some part number comparisons for you. Like said above you need a 153 tunnel rear section, don't need new clutches just weights, and helix for a M 153 or I would suggest going with something like cutler adjustable weights instead i've been really happy with mine. I would suggest getting a full M 153 skid the suspension arms are different then a CF. The gearing in the DD is different enough that I would suggest going with a M one. Also if you plan on running a 3.0 pitch track you will need a M drivshaft like someon else said. The good news is most of the parts should be readily available if you search the forums I'd especially suggest looking on snowest. With alot of guys putting aftermarket tunnels and suspension on you should be able to find cheap take offs also give Troy at RV sports in TRF a call with your parts list. Also you should be able to sell you CF DD for what you pay for a M one.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
kerry,
you used the 136 rails but have a 153 track and supention, did you just extend the rails? my buddy is going to go to a 162 with extentions to a 170 somthing, big bore kit, new gears, clutch kit and nos. so as you can tell he really isnt in need of money, and is going to give me a good price if it all works..please let me know any info that anyone has[/b]
No,

Kerry used the components from a 153" skid on his 136" Xfire rails. I am pretty sure the a 144" skid fits into that tunnel, but like mentioned above, you need a tunnel extension to fit in the 153.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts