Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one still make a 151" kit for a firecat, and if so where can i find one? I would need rails, cooler, tunnel, ect.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
How hard is it to set back a 144"[/b]
Not hard, just time consuming and you need to do it right. Needs to go back 3" and run an 8" wheel, you can buy kits for them, fits 151 perfect.

http://www.stealthv.com/2004_F7_151.htm <--Pics of my sled when the previous owner had it and did the setback. He also dropped it 1/2" in the front and 3" in the rear (M-drop brackets in the rear) to use 2" lugs.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Tracks usa had some kits at one point in time. And some combo kits.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Not hard, just time consuming and you need to do it right. Needs to go back 3" and run an 8" wheel, you can buy kits for them, fits 151 perfect.

http://www.stealthv.com/2004_F7_151.htm <--Pics of my sled when the previous owner had it and did the setback. He also dropped it 1/2" in the front and 3" in the rear (M-drop brackets in the rear) to use 2" lugs.[/b]
What was the dimension of the track you ran for your 151 kit? I need to put a new track on mine and I have just the regular 1.5"x13.5x151? What other tracks can you run on these kits?

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
What was the dimension of the track you ran for your 151 kit? I need to put a new track on mine and I have just the regular 1.5"x13.5x151? What other tracks can you run on these kits?[/b]
I have 2 tracks for mine right now. A 151 x 2 Camoplast Challenger that was 15" wide but trimmed 3/4" from each side, every 3rd window closed but it has 200 1" dia holes ported into it, and all the windows that are closed have a hole ported in them (see pic). I also have a 151 x 1.5 Camoplast Challenger that is stock 13.5 not trimmed, fully clipped, not ported. My sled has reverse so to change the track it's going to be a hassle, and I'm not going through that to see how I like the 1.5. The 2" runs fine, only downfall is on hardpack trails when I slam on the brakes it slides.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have 2 tracks for mine right now. A 151 x 2 Camoplast Challenger that was 15" wide but trimmed 3/4" from each side, every 3rd window closed but it has 200 1" dia holes ported into it, and all the windows that are closed have a hole ported in them (see pic). I also have a 151 x 1.5 Camoplast Challenger that is stock 13.5 not trimmed, fully clipped, not ported. My sled has reverse so to change the track it's going to be a hassle, and I'm not going through that to see how I like the 1.5. The 2" runs fine, only downfall is on hardpack trails when I slam on the brakes it slides.[/b]
Are you interested in selling your other track (1.5)? Is it studded and how do you like running the 2"? Did you lose lots of top end with it? Do you know what other size tracks can be run on this machine with the extension kit?

·
Registered
423 Posts

http://www.stealthv.com/2004_F7_151.htm <--Pics of my sled when the previous owner had it and did the setback. He also dropped it 1/2" in the front and 3" in the rear (M-drop brackets in the rear) to use 2" lugs.[/b]
sled looks awesome, great job with the conversion!

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Are you interested in selling your other track (1.5)? Is it studded and how do you like running the 2"? Did you lose lots of top end with it? Do you know what other size tracks can be run on this machine with the extension kit?[/b]
I think I'm going to keep both, just in case one blows out on me for whatever reason. I might be switching it back to 144 this summer and if I do, both will be for sale. I'm not sure there are many 13.5x151 tracks available, you might have to trim one down if you want a specific track. I have 18/39 gears in it, stock is 23/41 I think, so that brings down the top end alot, but I think the 2" track puts a damper on it too. I'm lucky to hit 90 on the speedo.

sled looks awesome, great job with the conversion![/b]
Wasn't me who did it actaully, SaberKitty (on this site) did all the work. And yes it was a great job!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I think I'm going to keep both, just in case one blows out on me for whatever reason. I might be switching it back to 144 this summer and if I do, both will be for sale. I'm not sure there are many 13.5x151 tracks available, you might have to trim one down if you want a specific track. I have 18/39 gears in it, stock is 23/41 I think, so that brings down the top end alot, but I think the 2" track puts a damper on it too. I'm lucky to hit 90 on the speedo.
Wasn't me who did it actaully, SaberKitty (on this site) did all the work. And yes it was a great job![/b]
So I dont know much about track and stuff like that but I need to cut down a track to 13.5 how do I go about doing this? DO you know of any good company's with good pricing? I think you should sell my yours and if you blow the one you have now then the quicker you can go back down to the 144 :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
So I dont know much about track and stuff like that but I need to cut down a track to 13.5 how do I go about doing this? DO you know of any good company's with good pricing? I think you should sell my yours and if you blow the one you have now then the quicker you can go back down to the 144 :biggrin:[/b]
SaberKitty used a table saw because you can make sure it's straight and you can precisely set the cut width.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
If you want to do a 151 kit. look at mine. i did it myself all by myself. I figure about 40-50 hrs of labor, its really hard to do. I have a 1.5 13.5 intense on it. have 400 miiles on it, around 100 of those are on the trail. trail performance is great however, if you run ANY stock ski.... like AC stock or AC mountian ski, you will go right through a corner in my opinion. I have Simmons gen 1 ski with shaper bars and this thing stays glued to the ground. Power or the hardest packed trail.

HERES A LINK to my project when i was working on it. I have Plenty of snow pictures, ill post then when i get back to college.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...=275016&hl=

EDIT. I dont recommend a setback for a skid because it messes with the ergonomics of the shocks and their angles but to each their own.

Delgaty, your sled was originally a 144 setback to a 151. Not a big dif. however this guy wants to go from a 128-151 in which his tunnel is NOT set up for period. There would be a lot of extra fabricating involved.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you want to do a 151 kit. look at mine. i did it myself all by myself. I figure about 40-50 hrs of labor, its really hard to do. I have a 1.5 13.5 intense on it. have 400 miiles on it, around 100 of those are on the trail. trail performance is great however, if you run ANY stock ski.... like AC stock or AC mountian ski, you will go right through a corner in my opinion. I have Simmons gen 1 ski with shaper bars and this thing stays glued to the ground. Power or the hardest packed trail.

HERES A LINK to my project when i was working on it. I have Plenty of snow pictures, ill post then when i get back to college.

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...=275016&hl=

EDIT. I dont recommend a setback for a skid because it messes with the ergonomics of the shocks and their angles but to each their own.

Delgaty, your sled was originally a 144 setback to a 151. Not a big dif. however this guy wants to go from a 128-151 in which his tunnel is NOT set up for period. There would be a lot of extra fabricating involved.[/b]
Where did you pick up your track if you dont mind me asking and what kind of $$ are they worth? I need one pretty bad!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Where did you pick up your track if you dont mind me asking and what kind of $$ are they worth? I need one pretty bad![/b]

Picked it up from a guy on Snowest. Best place to look for tracks IMO. i paied 270 for it. I dont want a cut down becuase it exposes the rods which could end in disaster IMO. Nate im not running studs in this period. the 151 1.5 hooks like a monster and with the simmons and shaper bars, there isnt any push in the corner at all. like i said this thing sticks to the trails. And the fastest i went into a corner was 40. and didnt even hiccup. The only time i spin is off the line so i just make sure that i race a rolling start. Also i topped out at 98 with this track.

If you want to chat about it. my cell is 810 730 6103
just call after 9 est.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Picked it up from a guy on Snowest. Best place to look for tracks IMO. i paied 270 for it. I dont want a cut down becuase it exposes the rods which could end in disaster IMO. Nate im not running studs in this period. the 151 1.5 hooks like a monster and with the simmons and shaper bars, there isnt any push in the corner at all. like i said this thing sticks to the trails. And the fastest i went into a corner was 40. and didnt even hiccup. The only time i spin is off the line so i just make sure that i race a rolling start. Also i topped out at 98 with this track.

If you want to chat about it. my cell is 810 730 6103
just call after 9 est.[/b]
What gears are you running? I have 18/39 in mine and top out at about 85. Looking to get a bit more top end.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts