Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know someone with a 151 kit on their new firecat, if so, did they like it. Thinkin about kitting mine. Any info would be great.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Here's apicture of ICE's sled,He's a forum member who's selling his F7 151.Maybe contact him for some info!There's more pictures in the classified section.I hear they climb great,but dont float in the deep.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've put 1 on and it was a strait forward install. the only thing I didn't like was the rivets for the tunnel extention are suposed to go from inside the tunnel out wich looks like hell. The tunnel is so close to the track that the track will hit the rivets. I put them in from the out side and it does mark up the track but not bad enuff to put them the other way. The mounting bolt for the seat has to be removed and it a real job to make it look good (lots of grinding and polishing).
As far floatasion in the deep it rocks! I cant believe how good it works with the skinny track and only a 1.5" lug.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Narrow track sure doesn't help in deep powder. I installed 151 kit with custom cut 2 inch track and was mildly impressed in average snow conditions but when we got a dump of 12 inches of powder this thing sunk like a stone. My 01 800 with a 156 can tractor around at 5-10 mph in the deep like nothing. If you are doing less than 20 with the Firecat it sinks and lightweight or not they are all heavy when stuck. If Cat makes a mountain F-series it had better have a 15 wide track and a shallower approach angle. I realize this wasn't built to be a mountain sled but it is a very fun sled overall and I eagerly await the new Kingcat. I hope the new colours don't suck like Polaris's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts