Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to start a serious discussion/debate about the advantages and disadvatages with the new available longer track compaired to the already slightly longer 128's. Arctic Cats web site discribes the EXT as for "ungroomed trails and occasional deep powder riding." Boy, that almost describes to a T where we ride. I am concerned about losing the "fun factor" when we get into the tight twisties. I just wonder how it would be throwing this sled around. Anybody have any experiences long tracking any of their 03 F-Cats? I am looking for a softer ride and am already leaning towards the Sabercat. The EXT sounds intriguing but I just don't know. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I think the 144 is too long, they should have made it 136, this way it will corner better. You dont see too many 144 trail sleds. When i heard the sks was a 144 i thought it was a bad move and i still do BUT it does have tipped up rails to help it corner like a 136, but the EXT does not, so i think cat should have stuck with a 136 because people complain the 128 from the 121 was a mistake because its harder to turn.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Remember, it's only 13.5 wide. Even though it's 144, it would probably corner like a 15 x 136. Slowing down for the corners a little bit isn't a bad thing sometimes. I think the advantages would outweigh the disadvantages for me. May need to crank up the ski pressure a bit more that's all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 144x1.5 track on my F5. I love it. It rides much better on trails and since i added 6 inch carbides it still handles good. Yes there is a little more push but nothing that is too much to handle. IMO i think a 136x15 track is a little better off trail than the 144 x13.5. The narrower track will trench down really quickly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I also have a 144 x 1.5 on my f7. I like it alot better than the 128. I think it still handles great not to mention I still have the factory carbides on it. It bridges the bumps alot beter, and I dont see that much power loss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts