this year. As a direct answer to the SKS/Renegade hybrid market, Cat will
offer this EXT as a full model during the regular season. The EXT will use
ACT gas shocks at all four points. Up front, the skis will be set at the
standard 43 inches, from carbide to carbide. The tunnel extension will have
a small cargo rack for carrying gas or a small bag.[/b]

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Sounds good but it should come with the 1.5 on it from the factory. The more 136 and 144 long tracks I ride with around here the more impressed I get with them. I've seen a fcat with a 144 kit on it looked good. They had it out to the mountains and he had managed to fit a 2 inch under it but wasn't impress also this guy rides a 800mtncat with 151 by 2 so it wasn't nearly as good as that.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had the chance to ride an f7 with the conversion, and it was great. I'm really thinking I will get the EXT. My concern is riding in Michigan where the conditions are not as good. I don't think you have the ability to add boggie wheels to help reduce hy fax wear, do you?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Snowface,

I am gonna to order F7 Snopro Package cuz twistytrail in Northern Michigan... Wish to have second sled with EXT for going to UP for long cruise...

If go UP all the time, for sure I am going to get F7 EXT than short track.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'd definetely run a 144 after running my bros mc 800, bridges the ruff stuff MUCH better. when my track is shot, i'm stretching my F7 to 144.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The 144" track works great in the mountians, almost as good as my MC900. One guy had a F7 that he put the 144" and also had the MC900, he sold the 900 as the F7 almost went everywhere the 900 did and it was better on the trail. My brother and I are going to long track our 03 this summer.

The dealer put a 2" track under it. Can't remember every thing he did, but it works great and doesn't bottom out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts