Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ran studs in a 1.5" track? I am trying to decide whether or not to stud my new 1.5" track. I am worried about tearing studs out of the track.......Any recommendations??

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
IMO, 1.5 is about the deepest lug I would ever stud. If you decide to stud yours,
be sure to add enough! I believe more stud/track damage occurs from understudding to save weight than any other cause. Due to the length of the stud required, I would recommend one of the many angled backing plates offered, and the use of the ""big nuts" on a stud with a 1" head.
If you use a plastic backing plate, such as the ones offered by
Fastrac
I would champher the backs of them so the stud and backing plate grip the track tightly, instead of the backer tightening down on the "shoulder" of the stud.
I have done this on all 3 of my current sleds, with no problems to date.
00 ZR 600- 192 studs, 4000 miles, 1 inch track
04 F6 153 studs, 2400 miles, 1 inch track
97 ZR 440 144 studs, 400 miles, 1.25 inch track

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Originally posted by Upfront@Aug 22 2005, 02:58 PM
Has anyone ran studs in a 1.5" track?  I am trying to decide whether or not to stud my new 1.5" track.  I am worried about tearing studs out of the track.......Any recommendations??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=843585
[/quote]

You don't need to stud a 121x 1.25 more less a 136x1.5 . Why would you want to add 5 to 10 pounds of ratating weight? Want to slow er' down a little??

Why don't sell the 1.5 that's on it and replace it with on of the Camoplast 1.6 freeride tracks and forget about studs becuase you won't need them.

Get r' done!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Camoplast Intense Design 15"x136" 1.50" Track

Click to enlarge
You love tackling the bumps, ruts, and hard core terrain. Camoplast Cross-Country tracks are built tough and reliable to let you ride rough trails all day. 1.5 profile and aggressive design offer predictable handling for extreme riders. Camoplast… a ditch banger’s traction weapon.

That what I be talkin bout!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts