Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that some folks are cutting down 136x15x2" tracks to 13.5" wide and running them on Firecats. Without rail or tunnel extensions as far as I know.

How is this possible?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
You will need new rails or rail extensions, no doubt about it. You can cut down the track and slap it in.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
In that picture you can see the different drop brakets he has for the rear and I'm sure the front has a different mounting spot too.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
How would you go about cuttin down a track?? i think that would be a really sweet setup!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
damn that looks sweet i like how that red one is set up with the 136 and the 2 inch paddles i think that would be the way to go for any one who wanted to powder ride there firecat but also not worry bout extendin too far nice set up

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Yep bluebear is right, set it back & new drop brackets. You could also put a tunnel ext on & chage the rails, cost a little more money.
I've had to cut down several tracks jsut takes some time. Can use a band saw, table saw, or cut off wheel.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
If you use 10 inch rear wheels and have ten tooth drivers, you will not need tunnel extension or rail extension. Would not be practical for trail sled, due to reduced travel(tunnel clearance).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts