Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
didnt notch my 1.5 and it rubs a little, but doesnt hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The sound is from my hyfax hitting the track clips... Is there a way to get the hyfax off without pulling the skid?
Thanks[/b]
easy, rotate the track until a window is over the end of the hyfax, loosen the screw up front and use a screw driver and a hammer to get it started then grab it and pull...

·
Registered
86 Posts
you should notch any track over 1 inch or you WILL damage your cooler strips. even the stock 1" track that came on my sled was notched.

as far as the slides go, if you use a hammer like previously suggested with the window opening lined up even close to where it should be, the will work their way out but not without a fight.(especialy if sand has been lodged under them)

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
over time it will, kinda like how running water cut the grand canyon... trust us, notch it... you might be able to call bruce over at tracks usa and see if they can notch it for you before they ship it... but it's not hard to do, takes about 30 minutes or your time...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
i had to notch mine, i did it with it on the sled and used what looks like a wire cutter but the cutter part is 90 degrees to the handles unlike a regular wire cutter. anyway i just would open it up and go it to the depth i wanted and snip it off. super fast, and i bought it at meanrd for like 8 bucks. i can take a picture of it if u want. i also have a 2" challenge track that i have to notch for out west riding, think im gonna drill it too.
good luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts