Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stretching my 2002 XC from a 121 to a 136 and was wondering for those of you that have done this did you change gears or do any clutch work? If so what did you do and how do you like it.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,478 Posts
Did it on my 98 XC 700 and with great results. Droped one gear size and put in an SLP clutch kit along with a boost bottle. I ran a 1 3/4 track but had to dish the center out the lugs so they wouldnt hit on the coolers, Then i also made up a extension for the back like is on the RMK to make up for the extra track length out of 12 gauge aluminum.... Paying between 60 to 100 dollars for one is damn joke any compitent fabrication shop can bend you up one for less than 20 dollars then just paint it and put on your bumper and your set to go. The kit goes on really easy too should take no more than a couple hours.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
with adding traction you can gear down no problem. I dropped the top 1 tooth (24/41)1.70 this season I am adding 2 to the bottom (24/43) 1.79.
running 1.70 gear ratio there was no change in top speed ! I think polaris over gears there sleds to increase fuel mileage and make the motor loaf at trails speeds to decrease warrenty claims!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts