Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SBA 850, 2012 SBA 800, 2002 700 XCSP, 1992 Polaris Indy 500 EFI
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to be more ready to play in the powder and am considering one of the two options. With the extension, new track, etc I'm guessing the cost wouldn't be that far off to sell mine as a 121 and buy a used 600 SB.

Any upside to keeping and extending the XCSP over switching over to a SB? Anything the SB can do that the 136 XC couldn't?

Thanks!

:div20:

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
You could just make your current sled a 136" for a lot less money than it would cost you to trade up to a Switchback.
You could make your sled a 136" for about $500, which is a lot less than it would cost you to trade up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I was figuring closer to $1000 for the 136" with a new track, kit, etc. Still, probably would cost me a bit more. I was guessing I could find a 600 SB for around $4000-$4500?

Is there anything else that a SB can provide, or upgrades a used one would have, that my '02 with a 136 would still be lacking?

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I say stretch the Edge for trails....

My bet is that you would learn about the benifits of having a coupled suspension vs. not. Depends where your priorities lay probably, but I think most will agree that a trail sled without coupling is something we moved away from in the mid 90's. The stretched Edge would handle the bumps way better than the uncoupled Switcher. Coupled Edge don't have the tendency to beat up the rails as bad during hard play also.

Install a clicker shock while you're at it for max grins in the bumps.....

Edit: Forgot, betting you'll be closer to 500. (US) also.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
I guess I was figuring closer to $1000 for the 136" with a new track, kit, etc. Still, probably would cost me a bit more. I was guessing I could find a 600 SB for around $4000-$4500?

Is there anything else that a SB can provide, or upgrades a used one would have, that my '02 with a 136 would still be lacking?[/b]
When I ordered my new track from TracksUSA I noticed that they offered a 136" kit and it was only $500. If my track had failed during the summer I might have made mine a 136", but because its the middle of the riding season I want to get my sled back up and running as soon as I can, so I just stuck with a 121".

·
Premium Member
3,877 Posts
When I ordered my new track from TracksUSA I noticed that they offered a 136" kit and it was only $500. If my track had failed during the summer I might have made mine a 136", but because its the middle of the riding season I want to get my sled back up and running as soon as I can, so I just stuck with a 121".[/b]

If you are already planning on doing a track swap because your track failed, you are only looking at an extra 2 hours or so to put on the whole extension kit.

Rail kit goes on in under an hour, ( grind off 4 rivets and install 8 or so bolts, 4 of which the holes are already there from grinding the track adjuster rivets out ) and the tunnel extension kit should take less than an hour also.!

Very easy to do and worth it in my opinion! :beerchug:

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
It looks like this...
Tracks USA kit is an awesome kit to work with,easy install, stock rails..buy longer hyfax and cut to fit.
For aggressive/trail ridng with some powder running on the side, I would say you would be happier with the 136'' kit.
If you are a deep snow/Boodocker rider you would be better suited with a SKS/Switchback.
Coupled suspension is much better IMO for the bumps and handling compared to the uncoupled of an SKS/Switchback.
In saying that a friend of mine has a well set up SKS 700 and it works very well on the trails as well.

Depends what you are looking for.

I am running the 1 1/4 Predator and I am very pleased.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you are planning on just playing in the mid-west I think the 136" will be better, you can have it on in a day and be ready to ride. I went with a connected cone 1 1/4 track

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice rides 04XC and 800-LE.. I really like the look of the longer track, and if it will be an improvement over the 121 (in general) then it seems to make sense.

I have a buddy putting a 136 on his 02 600 XCSP right now. He just had a kid so his progress has been kinda slow. He also pulled all the shocks and started screwing around with a lot of other stuff. We're going to swap sleds a few times this year and see which one each of us like better. We both do the same basic riding (more trails than anything, some ditches, some powerlines, some lakes, etc) so hopefully that will give me a better read on it.

Just in case it actually snows this year I'll probably stay put for this year.. Give it a season to test his out and see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback.. I'm leaning towards the 136 versus going to an SB..

:div20:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.