Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 13 sba all stock. I have to replace both a arms after last winter and want the narrower stance of the rmk. What a arms do I need and do I need rmk shocks and spindles as well. Any help is appreciated.

13 sba international 800 2in paddle

·
Registered
520 Posts
Best bet is to go with Zboz 39" kit like I did.
You should shorten the shocks 1/2", this can be easily done by any shock guy, and is reversable if you ever go back. You will need RMK spindles, the upper ball joints, the RMK 16 spacers that fit in the a-arms, their plastic, RMK sway bar, the links are the same. The lower bearing in Thea-arms are the same. You will also need RMK tie rods, zbroz kit includes them. There may be a few washers etc. you need, check the polaris parts schematics. I just did a RMK 39" kit on my SBA, I also went with the forward steering post, 2.4x146 track, RMK Front and rear overstructure, lower fenders, which allows me to have the narrower footwells as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Shit I didn't realize there was that much of a difference between the 2...Someone should make a complete kit for the SBA so you don't have to piece it together.

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's worth it in the end!

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have a brand new set of lower a-arms never installed in color red for the SBA for sale if you want them. I had them as spares just in case, but never used them.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It's worth it in the end!

That's the truth. I narrowed my '13 SBA w/the z-bros arms. I don't know why they don't come that way. Big improvement off trail and not that much different on trail.
The '13 shocks are 17.6" if you get the z-bros kit for a. '12 RMK you only need to shorten the shocks a 1/4".
I had Steve @ Deycore do mine when he was servicing them. Very inexpensive and like mentioned above completely reversible.
Go for it! You wont be sorry.

Sent from Snowmobile.com App

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's the truth. I narrowed my '13 SBA w/the z-bros arms. I don't know why they don't come that way. Big improvement off trail and not that much different on trail.
The '13 shocks are 17.6" if you get the z-bros kit for a. '12 RMK you only need to shorten the shocks a 1/4".
I had Steve @ Deycore do mine when he was servicing them. Very inexpensive and like mentioned above completely reversible.
Go for it! You wont be sorry.

So what benefits did you see that made you decide to go with the '12 arms vs the '13? Did you still have to replace the spindles with the '12 arms from z-bros?

Sent from Snowmobile.com Free App

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a complete bolt on Zbros kit and a complete 14 pro front suspension if you are interested......

PM Me

I would sell it in multiple combinations depending on your price range. I have the 39" Zbros front with Exit Shocks that are the correct length for you and also have Zbros spindles if you want them. To use this front end you would only need to change out the bushings from your stock arms so that they will be metric and use a set of spindles from 2012 or earlier. Or just run the Zbros ones. Personally I would never run a stock front after owning this set up but you are in two totally different price ranges.

14 pro front end is in really good shape with stock shocks and I have spindles if you really want them I would sell them and just buy the new set. I do not have pics of the 14 arms but I can go take some if your interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
So what benefits did you see that made you decide to go with the '12 arms vs the '13? Did you still have to replace the spindles with the '12 arms from z-bros?

The '12 shocks are much closer in length, only had to shorten 1/4". I used '12 RMK spindles too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
fuledya, i like that wrap. is that a 2012 with the original panels and then you just did a tunnel wrap. i like the 2012 stock graphics and that just adds to it.

i have to ask you guys, why spend the time and money narrowing the front end of these? why not just get an RMK? I understand it makes the off trail that much better. i've ridden both SBA and RMK, there is a huge difference. but why not just get an RMK?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I did it because RMK's aren't much fun on the trail. I do the majority of my riding in the U.P. and Northern MN. A mix of trails and off trail. I go west a couple of times a year. The crew I ride with are not Chris Burandts or Dan Adams. I can hang with them on their Pro's just fine with my SBA narrowed up and the 2" track on. It may be easier on a RMK, but my sleds capabilities exceed my riding skill level. Renting is not cheap and then you don't have your own bags, the suspension isn't set up the way you like it, and your just not used to the sled. I would rather spend the limit amount of ride time I get out west riding and not trying to figure out a new sled.

If we get a year with marginal snow, I can spend and afternoon in the shop and throw on my Cobra track, re gear, and throw the wide front back on and have a very capable trail sled. Much cheaper than having both a mountain sled and a trail sled. I worked both tracks and gears into the deal when I purchased my sled. So I only have a few hundred into my" boondocker set up"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts