Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 RR
2,343 Posts
There is an plug by the back side of the key switch, it's DC voltage.

·
Registered
2021 ZR 8000 RR
2,343 Posts
That's only if it is electric start. The ol pull start does not have 12v DC.[/b]
Wrong

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is DC. I've put a meter on it and checked. Anyway, we've had this discussion already on the GPS section. I was going to post a link to that discussion but couldn't figure out how to do it. But it is DC and you can find the pics over on the GPS section.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I stand corrected. Sorry. Dealer told me it would not work. So I get to tell the dealer to change his answer for the next guy. I had actually looked at the poo adapter. Glad I didn't waste the money.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
u might wanna put in a 12 dc regulator

i dont know if it has one

but it might spike but if it runs in a car im sure it will be safe up to 15 volts

a car will run in normal conditions 12 - 15 volts

i believe a sled varies a similar amount but is much less stable

·
Registered
52 Posts
u might wanna put in a 12 dc regulator

i dont know if it has one

but it might spike but if it runs in a car im sure it will be safe up to 15 volts

a car will run in normal conditions 12 - 15 volts

i believe a sled varies a similar amount but is much less stable[/b]
I called Garmin, back when I installed my power outlet, and my 60CSx will take up to 32 volts, so I'm not too worried about it. Went for a ride this weekend and my GPS worked great plugged into the outlet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.