Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Still learning about my 19 Indy xc. I installed a marine grade USB plug to the dash and I am looking to find 12v power. When i removed the hood I found a SAE connector right behind the headlight. Everything seemed easy peezy. However, When I started the sled I am getting zero power to that plug. When I checked to owners manual it stated that when I turn my key to "on' I should be getting the PIDD turn on and power to that plug. They said if the PIDD does not turn on when the key is turned to on a 2amp fuse may be blown. It stated that fuse is in the hood harness.
1. I have 19' with Elect start but not the GPS
2. Just got the sled (new to me) but has 4900 miles
3. I check the fuse block under the hood and they are all good.
4. Sled starts just fine and PIDD works when the sled runs
5. THere is a 12v RCA for heated shield already in the dash (below hood)

Any thoughts on if that can be used for powering my USB plug for my phone? I'd hate to have to run wires directly to the battery.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Hey everyone,

Still learning about my 19 Indy xc. I installed a marine grade USB plug to the dash and I am looking to find 12v power. When i removed the hood I found a SAE connector right behind the headlight. Everything seemed easy peezy. However, When I started the sled I am getting zero power to that plug. When I checked to owners manual it stated that when I turn my key to "on' I should be getting the PIDD turn on and power to that plug. They said if the PIDD does not turn on when the key is turned to on a 2amp fuse may be blown. It stated that fuse is in the hood harness.
1. I have 19' with Elect start but not the GPS
2. Just got the sled (new to me) but has 4900 miles
3. I check the fuse block under the hood and they are all good.
4. Sled starts just fine and PIDD works when the sled runs
5. THere is a 12v RCA for heated shield already in the dash (below hood)

Any thoughts on if that can be used for powering my USB plug for my phone? I'd hate to have to run wires directly to the battery.

Thanks!!
The Polaris Interactive Digital Display (PIDD) IS the GPS gauge.
Do you have it or NOT?
If you have it, you can use the USB connector coming off the PIDD to charge a phone.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that explains some. Thank you
The manual said that if you have elect start or pidd there should be power in the hood harness.
So either way what is that sae connector for?

·
Registered
500 Posts
I used that connector for the 12v accessory plug. On mine the fuses for that and the RCA plug are in the velcro bag on the front of the clutch cover..

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Do you have it or NOT?

If you have it, you can use the USB connector coming off the PIDD to charge a phone.

ALSO which engine do you have?

The electrical system is different on an 850.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I answered above, I have the basic gauge cluster non-gps.

as for engine I have the 850.

I ran a line directly to the battery. It works great and now I don’t have to worry about overloading the existing wiring harness.
Thanks for your help.

Do you have it or NOT?

ALSO which engine do you have?

The electrical system is different on an 850.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts