Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing a 12 volt DC power source on my sled, I entertained all kinds of ideas. I needed a 12 volt power plug to run my amateur radio on the fly while charging its battery. Plug and play on the GPS, as well.

The simplest and most cost effective: Picked up a Polaris kit made for non-electric start sleds and not using a battery. It comes with the 12 volt cigar socket and cover, a DC rectifier, a larger capacitor, and miscellaneous wiring to fit most any Polaris. It will work on any sled with rope start and a standard Alternating Current lighting system. It has a competent wiring diagram.

Polaris part number #2872214. Cost me $42.

Put it in this morning and works swell.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I think you may just have solved my handgrip/thumb warmer question. It's for a Cat and the instructions say it must have a REGULATED DC power source.

I guess Polaris may be good for something after all... :frech11:

Thank-you!

P.S. I have a soft spot in my heart for those old 650 Indys. Just pokin' some fun!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Try High Performance Engineering - Part #114-311. Accessory Power Cell. All the features of the above - $37.95. It's a Snobunje product so you can check it out on their site as well. www.snobunje.com

My buddy just put one on his 01 Cat to run his GPS and digital water temp gauge. Real easy hook-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts