Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is that if you werent riding today,..#[email protected]!!!! You MISSED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! El-perfecto conditions,..tons of powder, still a few water bars, but,...no biggie,...ran 140 miles, from lunenburg , burke, sheffield, stannard mountain, walden, danville, St jay,.Kirby,...etc....Those Kirby boys ( I think there the moose river guys) have the most active groomer out there,..But for the 3rd time tis year, we busted up Kirby mountain from Copps breaking trail,...absofreakinlutely georgous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Guys, they ay we are in for another 8-14 inches tomorow,....This is the most incredible riding I have ever seen, especially for the time of year,....and very few other riders,..(THAT,...I CANT FIGURE OUT!!!!????),,.....any ways, a happy new years to all,...and to all a good night!!!!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awsome report. I have been wondering about the walden danville area. I will be headed to my place thursday. Iam in the snow business so have to take care of the snow first before I can go play in it. Thanks for the great report.

·
Registered
668 Posts
your starting to see the effect of vast increases , insurance, gas,ect. a lot of people are getting out of the sport because of these things and the lack of snow the last few years is no big help either... just think how nice the trails are going to be for us with fewer people on them.. happy new year

·
Registered
410 Posts
your starting to see the effect of vast increases , insurance, gas,ect. a lot of people are getting out of the sport because of these things and the lack of snow the last few years is no big help either... just think how nice the trails are going to be for us with fewer people on them.. happy new year[/b]
Less people playing means less people paying. It's just s vicious circle.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Thanks Serbie! It's actually us guys at Caledonia County Snowmobile Trail Club that does the Kirby mountain strstch from St.J to Victory at EX61 (by the yellow gate). The Moose River Rock Dodgers does the trail from Copp's to the top of the mountain.

Hats off to the Rock Dodgers, they were out Sunday putting brush in the waterholes to get them passable. With a few inches yesterday and much more today and the cold on Wed., we should be all set.

Sunday was a great day to ride. From East St.J to Victory to the Balls and down 102 to the dam and back down 18 to home was a fabulous 85 mile run.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Thanks Serbie! It's actually us guys at Caledonia County Snowmobile Trail Club that does the Kirby mountain strstch from St.J to Victory at EX61 (by the yellow gate). The Moose River Rock Dodgers does the trail from Copp's to the top of the mountain.

Hats off to the Rock Dodgers, they were out Sunday putting brush in the waterholes to get them passable. With a few inches yesterday and much more today and the cold on Wed., we should be all set.

Sunday was a great day to ride. From East St.J to Victory to the Balls and down 102 to the dam and back down 18 to home was a fabulous 85 mile run.[/b]

Hey I did that same loop with my family and some stranger on a Halloween Machine! It's been years since we could get miles like that in December. We need some cold weather to freeze those wets spots though. Moose River must have cut a 100 trees to fill in those holes..and incredible amount of hand work. Thanks Guys and Gals.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts

n[/b]
Moose River must have cut a 100 trees to fill in those holes..and incredible amount of hand work. Thanks Guys and Gals.

incrediable job on trail maintance,WOW!
-sea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts