Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped at Cedar Pines. When I go to Tug Hill I usually drop at Barnes Corners but we we were with someone who knew the Hill well so...trails out of Cedar Pines were brutal. All the ones out were brown, snirty and very bumpy. We rode to Constableville to get fuel where the trails were better but still bumpy. Ate at The Sportsman and headed back.

Trails on the Hill were better and more snow covered.

On the way back to Cedar Pines ran into a culvert that had broken through. There was about a 25 sled hold up. It seems that the bridge over a stream may have collapsed and someone put a 12 inch pipe over it and then groomed over it for a snow bridge. Well, the warm temps and traffic killed it. The snow bridge collapsed. We went through the stream and made it with minimal problems and some people jumped it from the other side. (fun to watch!!) Before we left we put the culvert pipe in front of stream and tried to string up some caution pipe so other riders would be aware of what they were dealing with. This bridge was about 5 minute ride from Cedar Pines so if anyone has any info on this chime in.

Before this we ran through a sippy hole that was about a foot deep and 10 feet long....not fun!

Bottom line, if your going to ride, ride only on the Hill and be prepared for some water crossings! There is still a lot of base on trails but the snow is mealy. We need cold!!!!

Lot of sleds seen but nothing I wasn't expecting. Saw some snowcross racers and wanted to punch them in the face but I guess I'm just getting older and crankier...I just don't like getting passed when I'm doing 50 and they go around a blind corner and there is only room for 2 sleds.....thank God no one was coming in the opposite direction....

I hate giving a bad report but just trying to be honest!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not a bad report, an honest report of conditions. That trail you refer to is Camp 2 and Cedar Pines is the club that maintains that trail. A week prior to your ride, it couldn't have been any better...the trail was as flat as a board the 20th...21st and marked very well. I know alot of people have an issue with Joe, not my problem...but he has been doing a great job on that trail this year. He can only work with what he is given for snow and I know for a fact that the culvert was put back in on Thursday night, can't stop snow melting... :head_hurts:

It's spring conditions on TH until it gets cold and snow, seems to be later this week... :buttrock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dropped at Cedar Pines. When I go to Tug Hill I usually drop at Barnes Corners but we we were with someone who knew the Hill well so...trails out of Cedar Pines were brutal. All the ones out were brown, snirty and very bumpy. We rode to Constableville to get fuel where the trails were better but still bumpy. Ate at The Sportsman and headed back.

Trails on the Hill were better and more snow covered.

On the way back to Cedar Pines ran into a culvert that had broken through. There was about a 25 sled hold up. It seems that the bridge over a stream may have collapsed and someone put a 12 inch pipe over it and then groomed over it for a snow bridge. Well, the warm temps and traffic killed it. The snow bridge collapsed. We went through the stream and made it with minimal problems and some people jumped it from the other side. (fun to watch!!) Before we left we put the culvert pipe in front of stream and tried to string up some caution pipe so other riders would be aware of what they were dealing with. This bridge was about 5 minute ride from Cedar Pines so if anyone has any info on this chime in.

Before this we ran through a sippy hole that was about a foot deep and 10 feet long....not fun!

Bottom line, if your going to ride, ride only on the Hill and be prepared for some water crossings! There is still a lot of base on trails but the snow is mealy. We need cold!!!!

Lot of sleds seen but nothing I wasn't expecting. Saw some snowcross racers and wanted to punch them in the face but I guess I'm just getting older and crankier...I just don't like getting passed when I'm doing 50 and they go around a blind corner and there is only room for 2 sleds.....thank God no one was coming in the opposite direction....
I hate giving a bad report but just trying to be honest!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was on the hill the 30th, WOW Truly Rough And wet. Wash bored. Honestley you have to be a die hard to ride.Put 125 miles and it took almost 4 hrs to do there is a lot of snow but a lot of 16 inch mogals from beginning to the end .Roads are near bare.The sleds looked like a mud bog,and my brothers 07 dragon with 200 miles over heated cause the roads are that bare. So Not worth it bottom line.

·
Registered
247 Posts
also rode tug hill sat. dropped at montague and rode to the rector rd,gardner,poor,flat rock all were great.tried to ride to brantingham but ran out of snow :i_need_snow: turned around and went to tabolts corner and found a huge water hole (100ft.long4ft deep)stayed and watched some wanna be water cross racers,and 1 ski-doo sunk,1 polaris sunk buzz kill.left there went to high market for lunch.only trail that was bumpy was north rd.rode 100mi better than what i expected for a weekend ride at tug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts