Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out for a little ride and just wanted to let everyone know how the trails and snow is. I left from my house in Washburn and headed up 13 towards Pub & Grub. The trail was not groomed yet and there were a few trees down that you have to go around. Other then that the snow is awesome. Lots of snow and overall the ride was awesome. By this weekend hopefully the trails will be groomed. If your coming up this way this weekend you should have a great ride. Picture I'd from today just outside of Washburn.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Those were my tracks you were following Nick! Yea, a few trees down and one big stump stuck in a hole just north of the second state land gait! Who would mark a hole with a 30 inch tall stump? I couldn't get it out so I marked it with some orange flagging, it was covered with snow and a wreck waiting to happen. I hope the groomer can lift it out with the front end loader.
That section of trail gets groomed tomorrow morning! YEA! Lots of snow out there!!!:fluffy:

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see the groomer was doing the trail to Washburn tonight. On the Bayfield County web site it said trail 13 was closed from the corridor to the visitor center. Not sure if that's true or not. I hope it's not closed cause I go that way a lot when I do my circle tour ride. I go from my house to corridor, then to Moquah, then up towards Pub then back to Washburn. Usually around 50 to 60 miles depending on the way I go. I like that ride before I go to work.

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Yup! The groomer is still out on the Washburn trail stuck up to the fuel tank in the Pines near the 2nd crossing on county c just passed that first pine you had to go around! The trail past the center is closed "I guess" due to the corn isn't off the field just west of the visitor center. We are working on that problem and assume after we get back up and running they would simply pan a trail over the corn!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Yup! The groomer is still out on the Washburn trail stuck up to the fuel tank in the Pines near the 2nd crossing on county c just passed that first pine you had to go around! The trail past the center is closed "I guess" due to the corn isn't off the field just west of the visitor center. We are working on that problem and assume after we get back up and running they would simply pan a trail over the corn!

This groomer? lol

·
Registered
794 Posts
OH SNAP! I'll be up next week Wednesday through Sunday. I already rode 2 weeks ago, was fantastic. :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
You still based out of Marshfield? I'm going somewhere the end of next week haven't totally decided where yet...
I'm actually in Wausau now, but still work in Marshfield. My sled isnt' down here yet... but it looks like theres some snow on it's way! If it shows up I'll be bringing it down at some point. I haven't even looked, but I see sings are up, when do the trails open here??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts