Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the sleds back from the dealer yesterday, did some adjustments to my oil pump and put in a new sensor.

Rode today.. after 40 miles it was down into the main resevoir we topped it off, and rode about another 75 miles or so and the light was flickering on and off. This is really getting annoying not to mention expensive, we opened a new jug of amsoil 2000 today and it is half gone already. I know that more is better than less, but this is absurd.

On the upside, conditions were pretty good today.. rode from Owls head to Tupper, saw 3 groomers out on trail 7. Rails to tupper are covered for the most part, not bad riding, some rough spots in places. People were out on the Lake riding, not me though..LOL

Running dog sled races around Meacham Lake, if you plan on riding there expect delays, and please watch out for the dog teams on the trails.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
just got back from the u p, used about a quart of oil per 150 miles

didn't seem to bad to me, but some dude with a stick up where the sun doesn't shine was giving me hell for it on the trail, he said that was too much oil, and the firecat's burn too much gas, and oil, i don't know what his problem was, i was getting about 75 miles out of a half tank of gas, i don't see a problem with that

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your F7 should be using about 1 quart for each tank of gas. If your doing that, tell the guys who give you crap to go jump in a lake. I'll say it for the 100th time! THE F7 HAS A 700 TWIN FACTORY PRODUCED RACE MOTOR IN IT! Mr. Spalding gave you F7 owners a race motor, treat it right. Anyone who tries to get by with very little oil should have the sled taken away from them for stupidity. The horsepower per cc is very high. It will use gas and oil! The Doo 600 HO guys found out that a 600 twin that has the power of a 700 twin uses gas! What do they think it does to make power, use pixie dust? You do not get power without burning gasoline. It takes one to make the other. I think the F7 will sell even better next year as the air bubble issue will be all taken care of from the factory. But, Cat sold a ton of them this year, they are all over the trails here in Michigan. Probably saw F7 the most, Revs second and RX1s third. Yamaha "claimed" that the RX1 sold more sleds than all of the other companies new sleds combined. But, I don't see that many RX1s anywhere, and F7s and REVs are everywhere!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
yesterday i kept track of oil consumption in my f-5 and when it used 3/4's of a quart of oil the light started to flicker and it seems to have used 1 qt to 1 tank of fuel .
on another note DO NOT use amsoil 2000 in your f-5 , its a total waste of money and the motor does not generate enough heat to clean burn the oil , by the end of the season your exhaust will fill with a black sludge. i used to be a dealer for them for a long time but i will not use anything in my sled but klotz tcw3 now . series 2000 is only for high reving race motors sustained 8,000+ rpms . if you really are hooked on the amsoil wagon use the regular formula.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts