Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the compression supposed to be on a 1100 turbo motor?
Got one in the shop today with
121 on pto
92 on mag

Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ran v25 on max setting, with 91, he said knock light flashed at him during wide open run, by the time he backed out it was blowing white smoke.
Brought it to me I changed plugs that were fouled and cleaned all the oil out of charge tubes and intercooler. He lost almost all his oil through breather tube that got forced back through intake. Oil now a milky color, coolant reservoir half full. Not sure how full reservoir was prior to run.

Was going to change oil and top off coolant and run it tomorrow.

Thoughts?

Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Not good
Top rings usually if that's the case with knock
If it still runs didn't take out head gasket but hurt
Im.guessing rebuild
Sorry to hear
Have had a few on that program do same
Hope I'm wrong:bc:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don’t have the experience to judge the motor condition my guess is the same though.
I don’t know how long light was on or if it came and went a few times. He claims he looked down to read Speedo (118) and saw light. At that speed on a sunny day you may not notice the light if it’s not pointed correctly at you.
And I know v25 was prone for knock with poor fuel especial on max setting.

·
Banned
33,383 Posts
At minimum, it lifted the head and damaged the head gasket and/or head.
They are also known for a flame crossover between cylinders due to the very small wall thickness between holes. If that happened, the block will need to be decked.
And also, the rings may have become one with the pistons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for the replies gentlemen, fortunately this wasn’t my personal sled but unfortunate for the owner.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
20,643 Posts
At minimum, it lifted the head and damaged the head gasket and/or head.
They are also known for a flame crossover between cylinders due to the very small wall thickness between holes. If that happened, the block will need to be decked.
And also, the rings may have become one with the pistons.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Flame crossover? Last one I looked at, looked more like it was attacked with a plasma cutter. Or a torch.

·
Premium Member
20,643 Posts
well, it starts with a little flame over. then depending on how long you miss the blinky light, it gets to the plasma cutter stage
If you turn the boost way way way up...... The blinky thing won't save you lol. 50lbs to 0lbs. In .2 sec. Actually it wasn't funny at all.
You know how that goes.

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
well, it starts with a little flame over. then depending on how long you miss the blinky light, it gets to the plasma cutter stage
Don't forget Thor swinging his hammer too,

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the compression supposed to be on a 1100 turbo motor?
Got one in the shop today with
121 on pto
92 on mag

Thanks
Did you have a special procedure to check compression like lock the decompression pin or anything else other Than Wot and both plug remove ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts