Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering are there enough improvements made between the two to matter. I have found leftovers of each near me at reasonable prices. I also found a used '11 (in the orange) at a dealer I have bought from before and trust with only 300 miles. Said he would take my trade (07 SB 600 CFI w/ 4k miles). Still wants $9300 on the used one. Seems like there should be some wiggle room on that one. Place down the road wants $10,400 for a '12 SBA w/ electric start. I know this is sled I want, just not sure which year and if the differences are worth the price bump. Or wait for a '13 (knowing it will be more $$)????

·
Registered
166 Posts
Having ridden both sleds back-to-back and owning an '11 (Orange as well), in my opinion get whichever color you like better or whichever one is cheaper... There's a lot of talk on here about the front end on the '12 sleds being "better", but I couldn't tell a difference (was trail riding, so I would assume if you would feel it anywhere, it would be there). I got the 11 because I couldn't stand the color/graphics available for '12. I haven't regretted my purchase in the least. Probably the best out-of-the-box sled I have owned. Bottom line- you can't go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The 12 has better shocks, front end is far stronger and handles better barely, rubber protector on recoil handle, slightly lighter and way better sounding silencer, much better skis, adjustable ski stance(press bushings to chsnge width), different steering parts, and MOST OF ALL IT HAS BOSCH fuel injectors!!!! 12 motor was ironed out over. The 11'. We have new 12' in MI for $9100. And whats great on the 12 is that you can remove part or all of the graphic wrap and have sweet white panels. Most dealers will swap out stock 12 skis for RMK Gripper skis for an extra $100+ carbide cost.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$9100!! The dealers here in WI are not even sniffing that price range! Might be worth a drive. Any dealer(s) in particular?

·
Registered
332 Posts
The 12 has better shocks, front end is far stronger and handles better barely, rubber protector on recoil handle, slightly lighter and way better sounding silencer, much better skis, adjustable ski stance(press bushings to chsnge width), different steering parts, and MOST OF ALL IT HAS BOSCH fuel injectors!!!! 12 motor was ironed out over. The 11'. We have new 12' in MI for $9100. And whats great on the 12 is that you can remove part or all of the graphic wrap and hsve sweet white panels. Modt dealers will swap out stock 12 skis for RMK Gripper skis for an extra $100+ carbise cost.
most of this is incorrect

·
Registered
520 Posts
The only changes I knew of were ethonal resistor, changed wiring, bags for electrical connections, differerent front aarms and spindles, rubber boot for pull starter, side panel latches changed slightly, different spark plugs, better injectors. I would go with either, my bud has an 11 and I have a 12. There both great sleds, the 12 just has a few refingments.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sell you my 12 in a couple of weeks! One last trip and its done for the season . . . . gripper skis, 2" challenger track, rails and spindles blacked out, rear shocks revalved, rmk seat, scratchers . . .

·
Registered
206 Posts
most of this is incorrect
IT IS ALL CORRECT!! It's why I bought a 12 and not aq left over 11. I have MANY riding friends that have 11's so the differences are quite apparent just looking at them not to mention if you simply read the Polaris lit. The front suspension was their race suspension according to them, it is far stronger at the pivot areas. It also has better spindle action through it's travel. recoil handles has a rubber peice so it doesn't slam the panels, resistor has a much better two sided one that is yellow instead of two seperate ones, the skis are far better ones that have outer keels, the steering is diifferent to go along witht he different front arms(look at them), shocks are different somehow(I know as I had to get one drop shipped from W.E after smoking it at 6.1 miles), Silencer is noticably better sounding to anyone that has heard them (listen to my videos of friends 11 compared to mine, huge difference), and it was suppose to be lightened even more over the 11, the injectors are nor Bosch, I could go on but the bottom line is I researched my purchase well, I own a 12, and I have access to 5 11's.

·
Registered
206 Posts
$9100!! The dealers here in WI are not even sniffing that price range! Might be worth a drive. Any dealer(s) in particular?

WellI know there were 5 Assaults SBA/RMK last week in MI. U.S 27 Motorsports had one or two advertised at that price. They are super hot commodities with very few left over. Resell will be wonderful next fall thankfully.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts