Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on the lake the other day with my 06 900 fuse and that's all she would pull. I run a xs belt and a slp can other than that its all stock. I would only get 7600 rpm on the tach is this normal for my machine. I could hardly outrun my buddies wife's 07 500ss he was driving. Have an slp airbox that is not installed yet, wondering if this will kick my machine in the ass a little. I was a little ashamed of my big 900. Happy New Year All!! :wtf: :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
76-7800 rpm is what you want. Go back to the stock belt or a 3211080. A team 420719 helix is a good addition, as well as 3 delrin washers for the secondary clutch. One under the spring cup, one on each end of the spring.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
... I would only get 7600 rpm on the tach is this normal for my machine? :wtf: :beer_cheers:[/b]
I'm not sure but wasn't 9,300 RPM more like what you need to get them to run right?
And add Torque stops on motor to keep clutches in line? Lots of info on those, do a search.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
7600 is what the 06 900s should be around if they are stock or mostly stock. Some have found that just running the slp can slows you up a little. Try the stock can and see what happens. It should run 108-109 in okay conditions.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
7600 is what the 06 900s should be around if they are stock or mostly stock. Some have found that just running the slp can slows you up a little. Try the stock can and see what happens. It should run 108-109 in okay conditions.[/b]
What he said, in a full stock configuration.

Also, quick check on your track tension....many of these sleds come set up with the track tension way too tight. Other than that, just review the threads here, there's many good ideas on how to make this sled run fast & right!

·
Registered
807 Posts
113 was my best top end

·
Banned
8,931 Posts
In soft powder 100 is going to be all any sled can do, if that.
Depending on how deep.

The Ski-Doo 500SS is 600cc sled right ?

Again, 6"-1ft or more of powder will equalize anything unless you have substantial deeper lug track than the other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts