Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cat should be sending $100 and KY jelly, because many of us may need it next year at this time! :eek: :wacko: :eek: :wacko:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Selling it now won't help, It's getting to the end of the season and the bad press is out there regarding this sled.
I love the fact that everyone is getting the "Coupon" even the the buyers who have had no problems. :huh:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes $100 coupon for Arctic wear and acc. is great but I would much rather have and extra year warranty or a check for $100.

Remember, AC makes very good money on this stuff so it's probably only costing them half as much as you think. Let's say a belly pan protector costs $100.00 retail. Cat sold it to the dealer for $75.00 but maybe only has $15.00 bucks in it. This is a cheap way to try and settle a troublesome sled.

I also have every thing I need for my sled so what does this do me any good! I'd rather it be a extra year engine warranty or cash not Cat Cash!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I still think it should of been $100.00 in check form so at least we could of put it towards an extended warranty!!! :unsure:

·
Registered
395 Posts
<_< OK, I don't mean to piss on anyones parade here, but actually I'm kinda impressed AC is sending out the $$. Let me ask you guys a question, when was the last time say an automobile co. sent out $$ to their customers due to recalls on their products? Might be easy for me to say due to no problems with my F7 but it's something gang, they didn't have to do it. Hopefully to those with problems, you can get the wrinkles out during the warranty period. Let's face it , this is a high perf. sled, stuffs going to break! To those who can't afford to fix them, don't buy a consumer race sled, buy a ZR. Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
This is to get you in to have it fixed. THe goodies are a cheap considering the alternatives.
If it was just bring it in to have it fixed, people would blow it off.

My sled has 800 miles on it. If anything its ok or rich, because it wouldnt have made it this long. Right?

Pat

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
likkerpig:

I'm sure Cat would go for that. How about I buy what you want and sell it to you at retail prices! :lol:

As far as Automobile companies go. I've heard about people complaining to GM about their 5.3 - 6.0 - 8.1 Liter's cold start knocking noise and being given a 100,000 mile engine warranty. To me that's a hell of a lot better than a check for something I really don't need. At least cat could make the $100 go towards the extended warranty. I also have never seen the F7 called a consumer race sled by Cat. If that was the case there would be no warranty. Do the racers who order the 440 snopro get a warranty. My bet is they don't. This is not a consumer race sled.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Originally posted by speedfreak@Feb 12 2003, 10:15 AM
<_< OK, I don't mean to piss on anyones parade here, but actually I'm kinda impressed AC is sending out the $$. Let me ask you guys a question, when was the last time say an automobile co. sent out $$ to their customers due to recalls on their products? Might be easy for me to say due to no problems with my F7 but it's something gang, they didn't have to do it. Hopefully to those with problems, you can get the wrinkles out during the warranty period. Let's face it , this is a high perf. sled, stuffs going to break! To those who can't afford to fix them, don't buy a consumer race sled, buy a ZR. Nuff said.
i agree bro and some of us have no problems at all, so its a bonus!!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes GM does have more money but what has that got to do with anything. If Cat was building a sled that people were getting hurt on would that be an exuse. "Well cat doesn't make as much money as some companies so lets not worry about it" LOL Please, that's got to be the lamest excuse I've heard defending Cat yet besides the one about it being a first year sled. By the way, a 100,000 mile warranty is a little more than a 1 year extension so I'd say they are doing quite a bit even if these trucks do cost around $22,000 (2 door 2 wheel drive gets the same warranty as a $45,000 SUV)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can't we all just get along? :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by Highmarkxt800@Feb 12 2003, 12:35 PM
likkerpig:

I'm sure Cat would go for that.  How about I buy what you want and sell it to you at retail prices!  :lol:

As far as Automobile companies go.  I've heard about people complaining to GM about their 5.3 - 6.0 - 8.1 Liter's cold start knocking noise and being given a 100,000 mile engine warranty.  To me that's a hell of a lot better than a check for something I really don't need.  At least cat could make the $100 go towards the extended warranty.  I also have never seen the F7 called a consumer race sled by Cat.  If that was the case there would be no warranty.  Do the racers who order the 440 snopro get a warranty.  My bet is they don't.  This is not a consumer race sled.
Come on Highmark, remove the rear heat exchanger, stiffen the valving on the shocks, change the gearing and what do ya have, A RACE SLED. This is what the perf. public wants. Cat has put a sled on the market, like it or not, but let's call a rose a rose. It is what it is. But, from what I've seen on this site over the past 3 months is that AC sure wasn't real good on the quality control. :wacko: Bottom line is after the warranty runs out, hopefully the bugs have been fixed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Speedfreak: I highly doubt you would want to take this sled straight to the snocross track with those changes. Lets face it this sled rips in a straight line but in no way shape or form was it built for abuse nor did they say look this is a race sled and needs to be taken care of like one. Look at the post about the F5 and it's bent chassis. If he is telling the truth about the size of the bump he hit then I highly doubt if this sled is close to being race ready. I'm not familiar with the 440 snopro but my bet is they strengthened it up a bit with some reinforcments throughout out the sled.

What cat built was an extremely quick, fast, great handling sled that is a ton of fun to ride that also has to have some of the worst quality a sled has had in years. I will be honest and say that I have not had any problems with my F7, I also only have about 200 miles on as well. I have had all the updates done except the oil pump. I realize a lot of us get so brand loyal that is hard to call a lemon a lemon especially if you haven't had any problems. But if we don't raise concerns with Cat and keep buying sleds like this they won't take the necessary steps to change things.

Just my .02. I'll quit complaining now that my ice cream is warm! LOL. Hey, we pay a lot for these sleds and get very little for them when we trade or sell. The least we should expect is that performance and quality can go hand in hand.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Actually highmark, and this is all I'm gonna say on this point, our f7's, are essentially the same chassis as the racers. Got my info right from Black Magic, they get both types right from AC)Take off the xchanger, change gearing, raise compression abit (hell, just have AC reburn your CDI for $100) and there you go, a SNO Pro. Actually, there shocks are heavier shafts than f7 sp.
I bought a 2001 Polaris 600 Pro x new, which was a consumer race sled, although it wasn't marketed as such. I had nothing but problems with the suspension, and so did the racers. They used, at that time, Arvin adj. Anyway, I spoke with a Polaris rep about my problem and he wished they(Polaris) would have never offered this sled to the consumer, he called it a consumer race sled. There was an article in one of the snowmobile mags end of last season which talked about the new craze being race sled replicas offered to the public.
My point is, we've got a 700 cc engine cranking out plus or minus 140hp, maybe not totally on the edge, but pretty close. I've got a 01' Sno Pro from Black Magic (one of their test sleds that year) which is pushing right around 145hp or so and the ONLY difference is that their race engine has more compression. That's it. So you do the math.
But I agree with you, the QC should have been better. However, when you look at other boards, they're having there problems too.

:D In close, I don't want to see anyone with problems, but it's gonna happen. This site has help[ed me out emencely with my F7, so far, no problems. :lol: Let's go ridin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts