Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into studding my F 7. The A.C. dealer had a template that showed only 10 scratch lines. Has anybody used that pattern and how is it working out for you? Are you going with 1.075 and what kind of stud and backer ? Any advice would be appreciated. I have never studde any of my sleds, but with the power from this F 7 I think I need to.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The reason I am wanting studs, is that last weekend I raced a 98 doo Mach 700 triple with 244 studs. The road was all ice with about an inch of hard snow on it. We took off he hooked , I didn't. I tried taking off slow and then getting into it and I still spun. We then raced from a rolling start and I pulled away and kept going on him.

·
Registered
962 Posts
One guy from town here didn`t think so. so he put one rigth in the middle.

Now his f7 is sliced in two.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went to Houghton Lake saturday for the starting of Tip up town. I wanted to see how well the F7 would do in ice. I have the woody's firecat stud pattern on my f7. It's not a bad pattern but it only has 12 scratch lines :blink: I first tried 144 -1.175 woody's megabite studs to see how well they would hook up on ice. The track would spin bad if you grab a fist full of throtle, althogh about thirty feet into it they will start to hook up. Rolling starts are GREAT!. These studs would work great on trails.
I then changed to 144- Studboy assasins chissel tooth (1.080) These made a huge improvement on the starting line, although it still lacks great hook up from a dead start. If you feather it a little off the start it seems to launch a lot better, and the acceleration is nothing short of (HOLY S**T) This setup has beaten my budd's ZR 900 with 192- 1.075 woody's in 1/4 mile runs (he's not a happy camper about that) Both sleds are bone stock. I should also note these studs (assasins) are for ICE or Grass drags ONLY they will not last on trails. I'm still looking for a pattern that would have more coverage on the ice, Unfortunatly the track is so narrow you don't have many choices, and the tunnel shape won't let you place studs in the outer track edges. If any one has another pattern that works better , Let me know. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts