Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 19 XC 850 with the Storm track and 135 Megabite 1.74 length studs. My sled is all stock with the 2020 ECU update (not the latest program). The sled runs great. Never an issue other than the new program uses a lot of oil. It typically runs 8250 RPM, but can sometimes be inconsistent and run anywhere from 8050-8350.
Has anyone with the Storm track and factory gearing simply swapped the stock weights for 74's? What can I expect? How much will it lower my RPM? Can I get away with the stock spring? I don't have the time to visit the dealer, and I don't have the tools or know how to change springs.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a 19 XC 850 with the Storm track and 135 Megabite 1.74 length studs. My sled is all stock with the 2020 ECU update (not the latest program). The sled runs great. Never an issue other than the new program uses a lot of oil. It typically runs 8250 RPM, but can sometimes be inconsistent and run anywhere from 8050-8350.
Has anyone with the Storm track and factory gearing simply swapped the stock weights for 74's? What can I expect? How much will it lower my RPM? Can I get away with the stock spring? I don't have the time to visit the dealer, and I don't have the tools or know how to change springs.
The 850 really likes 76 grams and no other clutch changes required. If you’re into racing then you’d want to play with other springs and helix, gearing etc.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 850 really likes 76 grams and no other clutch changes required. If you’re into racing then you’d want to play with other springs and helix, gearing etc.
Is that with the Storm track? It seems most of the Guy's that are into clutching are running the Cobra track. The Storm's deeper lug and shorter gearing I would think would require different clutching?

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
my 19 ran awesome with 76 gram EPI bellybusters and the storm track and stock gearing

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a 2020 850 with the storm track. Currently using dalton adjustable weights loaded to 75.5 grams. Everything else is stock. I feel my clutch’s reach max shift at 104 @ 8250 on the speedometer. Then the sled continues to climb speed and rpm to around 111 at 8650. I know this is turning way to many rpm but it’s so much fun corner to corner that I haven’t changed the gearing.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bokman how have you been. I am back on a Polaris this year with a VR1 850. There are a few changes that you can make that are simple. Weights and springs will make a good improvement. We have been riding down in Canyon area last 3 weeks. Get in touch with me and come on down.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What the boys have said, I am running 76 grams in my slp magnums and she pulls like no other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts