Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a lead on a 1"x144" track today. Guy i know has a brand new one he's not using. I bought a 19 850 with a studded 1.6 that I haven't rode yet. I'm 100% trail rider and I'm thinking the 1.6 might be overkill for my style of riding. Just wondering if anyone has switched to a 1" and how it works on the Assault? Pro's and con's?? Let's hear it

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Polaris xc 800
177 Posts
Why give up the bite of the 1.6? I had an 18 assault with the 1.375 and wished I had the 1.6

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why give up the bite of the 1.6? I had an 18 assault with the 1.375 and wished I had the 1.6
All open farm land around here so speeds tend to be fast. Also lots of traffic so trails tend to be hard packed.

But you make a good point. Traction is king so... clutch it for 0-100 and let it chew.

Never had anything over a 129, so this is all new lol

·
Registered
2018 Polaris Assault 800, 2019 Assault 800
40 Posts
I’d agree, keep the 1.6” cobra. It’s a great track. Haven’t run a 1” track in years and even back then I wished I had a 1.25”. I’d rather hook and book than sit and spin 😉

·
Registered
2020 Polaris xc 800
177 Posts
All open farm land around here so speeds tend to be fast. Also lots of traffic so trails tend to be hard packed.

But you make a good point. Traction is king so... clutch it for 0-100 and let it chew.

Never had anything over a 129, so this is all new lol

There is a guy on here NorthstarRick who has done a lot of testing with Assault clutching...He setup mine and it worked fantastic. I don't know if he ship to Canada but worth hitting him up.

SkisNH

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault and 21 Indy XC 650 137
3,333 Posts
For an all around track you can't beat the 1.6 on the assault. I suggest riding it first and see how you like it. My 20 850 assault does 107 with the 1.6 track. Personally I wouldn't change it. You will be surprised where that 1.6 goes in deep snow. On trail it handles great and hooks well.

If you are strictly trail riding the 1" track would be fine. I'd stud the chit out of it though.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Im thinking a 1" on an 144 would be a hoot to trail ride. I always enjoyed the playfullness of a Hacksaw.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For an all around track you can't beat the 1.6 on the assault. I suggest riding it first and see how you like it. My 20 850 assault does 107 with the 1.6 track. Personally I wouldn't change it. You will be surprised where that 1.6 goes in deep snow. On trail it handles great and hooks well.

If you are strictly trail riding the 1" track would be fine. I'd stud the chit out of it though.
Ya I should ride it first i guess. Definitely would need studs in a 1". Thinking at least 3/row and probably 1.5"

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault and 21 Indy XC 650 137
3,333 Posts
I really like the 1.6 Cobra. I was running I grip screws. On anything but bare ice traction was excellent. If you're looking for top speed and strictly hardpack trails the 1" studded would be the way to go.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Lots of guys run a 1” track on the Assaults and like them. It just all depends where you do most of your riding.
It seems the Cat guys most of the times are the ones looking for more speed and then you see post like this where a previous cat guy got a Polaris. It would be nice if the Polaris guys were more into tinkering with their sleds like the cat guys are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts