Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine has a 121X15X1.75inch lug track and i was wondering if i could run this track on my 2006 800HO without having to do any gearing to it? and would my sled turn the 1.75 inch track as good as it does the 1 inch now? i don't want to lose any top end. thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
A buddy of mine has a 121X15X1.75inch lug track and i was wondering if i could run this track on my 2006 800HO without having to do any gearing to it? and would my sled turn the 1.75 inch track as good as it does the 1 inch now? i don't want to lose any top end. thanks[/b]
You will loose top end, no way around it, track is heavier, and those larger paddles grab more snow....and air-thus loss of top speed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will loose top end, no way around it, track is heavier, and those larger paddles grab more snow....and air-thus loss of top speed.[/b]
How much top end do you think? Thats what im affraid of cause i ride with alot of F7s and i don't want to lose anything to give them an edge. haha but they have 1.375 inch lug track and i only have 1inch. i feel that if we ever get a decent amount of snow they will walk me no problem cause i will be stuck spinning.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I put a 1.65 on my sled this year and noticed that the top end loss was pretty significant. Though i was running it in the mountains I dont think i got my sled above 75-80 mph. But i think if i get it back to sealevel i would definelty gain some top end back. But i also geared down so my bottom end and midrange were really good. In the corners of the trails the acceleration was great....

·
Registered
789 Posts
How much top end do you think? Thats what im affraid of cause i ride with alot of F7s and i don't want to lose anything to give them an edge. haha but they have 1.375 inch lug track and i only have 1inch. i feel that if we ever get a decent amount of snow they will walk me no problem cause i will be stuck spinning.[/b]
I have an Acrtic Cat 1.375 quiet track on my 07 800 PTK and it is one hell of a track. I'm very happy with it. It bites in great and it's hard to keep the skis down. It's also great in deep snow, I walked it out of some deep stuff yesterday.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an Acrtic Cat 1.375 quiet track on my 07 800 PTK and it is one hell of a track. I'm very happy with it. It bites in great and it's hard to keep the skis down. It's also great in deep snow, I walked it out of some deep stuff yesterday.[/b]
now thats what im looking forward to the most. :beerchug: A couple of my buddies have F7 snopros with those tracks and they def grip and rip. do you think cause im goin almost another half inch higher i will need to regear my 800?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a 2006 800X with a 1.75 from a 2006 440. It whent from 10 tooth drivers to 8th drivers. I had to go up one gear from stock to a 26/45. with the smaller drivers, I was geared to low. I can get around a 100mph - 105mph on the GPS but the speedo reads 110 or so. Hooks up VERY well. it is not studded yet. Basic rule is more track weight you will have to gear down. A clutch kit will help also.
Thanks - j

·
Registered
2020 gen2 procross 800
1,754 Posts
the one inch track sucks ball hair. ive tried the 1.75 snowcross track and it had excellent hook up. i could walk the machine really good. but my very top was under 100 mph. now ive got a polaris 121x14x 1.375 and it hooks up almost as good on the hard pack. use a 26 tooth top gear and a 44 bottom. a white-silver spring in the primary with 21 grams of weight and a black spring in the secondary. you should have wicked acceleration and good top end. that should get you started anyway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts