Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a lot of searching and reading regarding putting the '04 SnoPro track on F7s. I understand that the '04 and later F's have that nifty little drop bracket. And, contrary to the mirofiche catalog, my '05 Sabercat does NOT have it. The lowest mounting point is through the tunnel, about 1/2" above the running board.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has put this track in a Saber before. I looked in the tunnel, and there's only about an inch clearance between the stock 1" track and the top of the tunnel. Putting the 1.7" in there would leave only about a quarter inch. To me that seems pretty tight. So, any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,674 Posts
You should still be able to install the 1.7 you will probably have to install the rear drop brackets to add more tunnel clearnce. you will probably have to change your drivers to nine tooth drivers. If your sled doesnt already have them in.

here is a picture of my tunnel clearnce with my rear drop brackts.

and a side view showing how far it drops the skid.

On the F-cat chassis i know that there are front holes that can be drilled out to drop the skid. They are just below the original holes. In the part that is rivited to the tunnel from the bulkhead. The bulkhead has been drilled but the tunnel just needs to be drilled out to finish it. It might be the same way on your sled but i am not sure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Im looking to do the same thing, i have an 04 sabercat 600. excpet i want the 1.375 track. so can i put this track on with out changing the drivers and with out the drop brackets? and does anyone have the part numbers of the drop brackets or show me the diagram of them on brownsleisureworl.com, i got lost looking for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts