Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a 800 gade with a 1.5" ripsaw track this year. Did anyone run this set up last year? How does it ride on the trails? Top speed? Hole shot?

I had a 2" track last year. It was great off trail, but I felt like I lost too much power on the trail.....

[attachment=105019:attachment]

Can't wait to ride!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is the 2nd time I've heard about this 1 1/2 Ripsaw, but all I can find is the 1 1/4?? Do you have the track? Thanks

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
There is no 1 1/2 rip saw, only 1 1/4. The track you are most likely talking about is the camoplast intense 1 1/2 track. :div20:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by dynofox@Oct 15 2005, 07:19 AM
There is no 1 1/2 rip saw, only 1 1/4. The track you are most likely talking about is the camoplast intense 1 1/2 track. :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931087
[/quote]

There IS a ripsaw 1.5 inch track! I personally talked with Bruce from Tracks USA and he told me it should be availabe in the beginning of October.
I even saw one in person on the ROX X-fire at haydays,it looked so baddass! :smiley-faces7: now only if it came in the 13.5 wide

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Thanks for the info but he asked if anyone had a 1 1/2 rip saw last year so that would be no since they were not out. I haven't been much of a fan of the rip saw after having one on my last sled, doesn't hook up like a straight paddle of the same lenght does anywhere but on hard pack. :cn:

redF5sp how do you like your snow hawk?

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
So far I love it,but have yet to ride it in the snow! I just picked it up in July and ripped around the shop a few times,its geared so low and the clutching felt awesome -it pulls wheelies like no tomorrow,I'll give a full report in early january after I have got 40 hours on it or so-there not easy to master from what I gather so I'm gonna give it some time before I prejudge it-

since you wanna get technical on the ripsaw -you said there IS NO 1.5 ripsaw,in which I responded there IS a 1.5 ripsaw- I was only replying to your post-and in fact there was 1.5 ripsaws on snow last year but they were given to employees or close friends for testing. :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking forward to hear your review on the SnoHawk. I want to buy one bad!!! I really would like to ride one for a while On/off trail before I made the purchase though... Did you buy an '06 model? :beer:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I wish it was an 06 model but my sled budget was not 10K this year.I bought a very nice 02 with low hours on it for super cheap this summer.I didn't want to make a 10k mistake,I will come out ahead if I decide I dont like or cant ride it .

Where in the Up do you ride?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm from Grand Rapids, MI. We ride all over the U.P. Paradise, Munising, Hulbert, Grand Maria, etc.....

We ride where ever we can find good snow! Wyoming, New York, Quebec...... :drunk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts