Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday my 2 friends came up to my house with their sleds to go riding. One has a 03 REV 600 HO and the other has a 02 ZR 600 EFI. We were riding all over in the fields having a blast. I rode the REV throughout the day and I am very impressed. Good power and riding postion is great. I do have to say that after installing the wedge on my Firecat riding postions are pretty similar. My friend was equally impressed with my F5. It is hard to believe the difference between the fircat and the REV compared to the 02 ZR. Getting on the ZR feels like you are hopping on a old El Tigre! After messing around we decided to mark off a quarter mile in the field and race. We raced up a slight incline. I lined up against the 02 ZR 600 first. All I can say is that there is no comparison. Holeshot 3 sled lengths. Midway 5 sled lengths. At the finish 10 sled lengths. I could not believe it. I actually asked my friend if he had it pinned. It was that bad! Next was me against the REV. Pretty much dead even through the whole race!!! He won by a ski! He also had the jump on me. We only raced once. He did not want to race me again. I am still trying the figure out why? Both sleds I am sure will get faster too. I have 100 miles on my F5 and he has the same on the REV. Just another post to let everyone know that the "little" F5 is nothing to laugh at..... :D

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Thank you for the HONEST report. With only 100 miles on each they both should get faster. I don’t know how much faster for the F5, but my 02 Renegade 700 had a noticeable increase in power after the chip burned in. It was like night and day. I think the Rev 600HO is close to the same power as my 700. I am surprised to hear that the ZR didn’t do better then that. What track did the ZR have?

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Thanx for the results-personally i have never been impressed with cats 600,thats why ive owned all the zr500s,a little cheaper and just as fast,just ask anyone who owns a 01-02 apv 500-anyways i love my f5 so much,or should i say my wife does,that im thinking of selling my 01 zr500 and buying another firecat-by the way anyone race a 600xcsp yet?Personally i have a 02 mxz 600 taken care of,thats all ive raced until more snow in the up and wisconsin-scott

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
greg splading said back a while ago that they used the 02 600 zr to conpare to the f5 and he said it was a very fast 600 and it never once beat the f5 i would of bought the f5 but it not efi

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have an F5 and i broke it in under 20mph the first half and the second half was around 20-30mph....my friend has a 03' XCSP 500....hes been saying he'll beat my machine...we'll i let him have a go on my cat and he said that his has more power and that he thinks he will beat me when we start to race....this got me in a bad mood... -_- my acceleration isnt too great but hopefully it will have some top end to it....i wanna beat this guy....think i can?.....dont know what i did wrong...

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ZR had its stock track with 144 studs, and the REV had a 1 1/4 lug track. Both my F5 and the REV were not studded..

·
Registered
41 Posts
i was on the lagoon which is about 1 mile long, with my f5.....i never wot it yet but around 3/4 throttle it will hit 80mph.... :D cant wait till i wot.......probably will hit 90-100mph.... :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
No way burban
the new rev 600 will smoke a f5. The rev is pushing out 120 hp. My buddy and i lined up next to a rev 600 and were smoked. he pulled away, the whole way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I beat an sxviper last night by half a ski :D he had an mbrp silencer, clutch work, gearing and brand new delta 2's we were even through most of the race but at the end i started to pull away :D only got 140 miles

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by FireCat_500@Dec 15 2002, 02:56 AM
....i wanna beat this guy....think i can?.....dont know what i did wrong...
Yes, you can. Unless there is something screwey with your motor, rider experience shouldn't make a difference in that match-up. Give it a little power brake, get your weight over the back 2/3 of the track, and nail it. The sled should do the rest of the work for you. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts