Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AT minus 13, things usually dont go smoothly, as was today. Started out at the camp and drove to Lunenburg Variety to gas up,. we got maybe 3 miles up towards the powerline and I experienced the famous Polaris XC Chaincase grind thump and break,..that was the end of that sled for a while, Eric pulled me out to the nearest road, (Pond hill) and I drove my buddie Arnies ZRT600 back to retrieve the truck. With a locked track, we had to winch the 05 XC (with only 2800 miles on it) into the trailer. We got that back to the camp and I uncovered my 04 XC and we continued o, down the perfectly groomed 102, down to the Moore dam. Trails on this area (groomed by the Caledonia county club) were practically flawless, and we rode arond on them in the sub zero weather for a while. We decided to eat and warm up At Vinnys, and as usual, the menu was delicious. Gassed up and headed back to where its now minus 12. While in ST JAY, I drove into All Around power and picked up a pair of Gauntlets, my hands were frozen even with new $70 gloves and a super hot hand warmer,..what a great product these gauntletes are, you can litterally ride without gloves on. Another good thing to have is a pair of work gloves incase you need to do some work in the cold. AND,..a tow strap, as we always carry one. It would suck to be stuck out in the cold without a few items, luckily we were close to home and I was not riding alone. We`should head out to Walde, peacham and Groton tomorow,..I hope it warms up a bit....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Is this cold weather and continued grooming eliminating most of the water bars? Not like they won't be opened up in a few days anyway... :wall:

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres a great example,..3 days ago, the moose river guys were out filling in the water bars with brush, yesterday, we rode through those same areas and after the groomer had dragged snow over the filled holes, it was like a new trail,. they did a TREMENDOUS JOB!! A lot of wet holes are now frozen, most in fact,..and it should be good through the weekend.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Is this cold weather and continued grooming eliminating most of the water bars? Not like they won't be opened up in a few days anyway... :wall:[/b]

I was on 102 on Sunday and Concord had lots of open waters, as did the DC line. So if they are gone now, it's due to the cold weather and all the work they did filling them with brush.

I'll tell the Caledonia County groomer you liked the trails....I call him Dad.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I was on 102 on Sunday and Concord had lots of open waters, as did the DC line. So if they are gone now, it's due to the cold weather and all the work they did filling them with brush.

I'll tell the Caledonia County groomer you liked the trails....I call him Dad.[/b]
Another thumbs up for the Caledonia County groomer. Given we have enough snow, a loop through STJ is by far my favorite. By the way, how are the STJ trails right now?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
AT minus 13, things usually dont go smoothly, as was today. ,

I drove into All Around power and picked up a pair of Gauntlets, my hands were frozen even with new $70 gloves and a super hot hand warmer,..what a great product these gauntletes are, you can litterally ride without gloves on. Another good thing to have is a pair of work gloves incase you need to do some work in the cold. AND,..a tow strap, as we always carry one. It would suck to be stuck out in the cold without a few items, luckily we were close to home and I was not riding alone. We`should head out to Walde, peacham and Groton tomorow,..I hope it warms up a bit....[/b]
How true, had my First experiance with a Full day riding Below zero, and it was a adventure, with 1 seled without heated grips, and the Gauntlets 30 miles back at the truck.

Live and learn.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Had -15 at our place, burned up a belt not waiting for the clutch to warm up and like wise my 02 xc is making a awful noise form the chain case. Brought it home to thaw out before I investigate. Otherwise GUYS get out this weekend in the NEK, went for a quick 50 mile jount this morn and ever trail was like Glass, All I can say is BEAUTIFUL job!, hats off to the groomers. Oh 1 more thing at 15 below you find out were every draft is on your gear

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had -15 at our place, burned up a belt not waiting for the clutch to warm up and like wise my 02 xc is making a awful noise form the chain case. Brought it home to thaw out before I investigate. Otherwise GUYS get out this weekend in the NEK, went for a quick 50 mile jount this morn and ever trail was like Glass, All I can say is BEAUTIFUL job!, hats off to the groomers. Oh 1 more thing at 15 below you find out were every draft is on your gear[/b]
Hey CampD, my buddies are headingout tomorow, after I get back from Walden, I might take a small lone ride jus here in Lunnieburger,...up for a beer or are you ridin the trails tomorow???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts