Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dropped late again at Tuggers in BC around 11:15. I decided on an early lunch.

Ran Denning to Horace Truck Trail to Fork to Worth. On Fork near the intersection of Worth I stopped to trim back a blowdown that would push riders into the opposing lane. Then hazard taped some branches.

I then ran Culpepper to Olin to Flat Rock to Carey & French. Then the plowed section of Graves to Tabolts Corners then the RR bed to the N-S Rd.

Then Michigan Mills into Highmarket for Gatorade. The North Rd outta Highmarket to Plumber to Whiskey Jacks then up thru Smith Rd. Back to the No. 9 Rd into Tabolts Corners Houseville Gulf, Corrigan Hill to Fykes and down the plowed part of Graves again. Back Through Carey, Rowson to Rector. Then the woods trail behind the Montague to Worth and back to Tuggers.

106-miles in about 4.5 hours. An overall rating of 7.5 outta 10. The not so good was the RR bed and the N-S Rd. Very bumpy. No whoops though on them. There are 2’+ moguls on the the west bound part of Corrigan Hill by the Whetstone Gulf State Park turn. Just on the one side. Go figure. The best trails were McGoldrick, Plumber, Worth, Rowson. Just an outstanding job by BC, So.Tug and Valley!

When I left Tuggers it was a cloudless sky and temps were already 17-degrees. With single digit temps coming, FWIW & IMHO, Thursday and Friday morning ought to be the best riding of the season up there.

There is good riding up there this week. As for the weekend……???????

Before & after of blowdown on Fork.

General conditions of trails.

And a beauty shot along the RR bed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Was up tonight starting about six. Groomers were hard at work. And trails were sweet. I agree on the railbed. I stayed right off it . Took it a few days back before that lil snow and it was super bad. Riding was nice tonight. lol icy in some spots. Those nit studded pay attention in the corners. Some are snow and some are pretty icy. Should stay ok temps will be cold at night and snow In Forecast for. Weekend and beyond

·
Registered
131 Posts
160 miles on the Hill today, big shout out to the clubs, trails were great for what they have to work with. Everyone keep doing there snow dance, would love to have a couple good months of riding.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dude??? 106 miles and you needed to take along that much fuel and luggage?

Nah Phantom. It's okay. I is a big boy.

I got the second bag for $50, so why not put it on. I put my hat & extra gloves in there. The bottom bag has all my trail work stuff. Hand saw, tape, shovel, tow strap, tools. As for the fuel, I am kinda rethinking that. My past sled was an '03 Rev 600 Sport that got 7-miles to the gallon. I ran out of gas in the woods way too many times. I was carrying a jerry can on it after a while so I got one used for this 800.
I was nearly out by the time I got back to Tuggers. About 17-18 MPG on this '16.

But my summer sled is a '16 Ultra Limited with side bags and trunk, so......maybe I should carry beer in the top bags of boh rides? ?:bc:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts