Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock 1.25" track on my 800cce was notched and I noticed some rubbing on the coolers when I removed the track. I'm guessing I should notch the new 1.25" Ripsaw since mostly likely it will rub.. Anyone installed a Ripsaw on their zr and done this?

·
Registered
400 Posts
You probably should notch it. Do you have the track already? Are you going to stud? If no to both, get the 1.5" Ripsaw.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have the track and I'm not going to stud.. The amount of trail riding I do I thought it would be best not to go 1.5".. If we got the snow MI gets then it would be a different story. :beerchug:

·
Registered
861 Posts
you shouldn't have to notch a 1.25" track any, I ran a 1.5" last year and notched only 1/4" where the coolers are located only, so I was basically running a 1.25 over the stock coolers with out issue.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking that I wouldn't have to until I saw the rub marks on the coolers from a notched 1.25". Maybe the track was too loose at one point.. :dunno:

Originally posted by catspaz8@Oct 10 2005, 02:31 PM
you shouldn't have to notch a 1.25" track any, I ran a 1.5" last year and notched only 1/4" where the coolers are located only, so I was basically running a 1.25 over the stock coolers with out issue.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919897
[/quote]

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by AirBorn@Oct 10 2005, 01:46 PM
I was thinking that I wouldn't have to until I saw the rub marks on the coolers from a notched 1.25".  Maybe the track was too loose at one point.. :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=919924
[/quote]
let it rub. it wont hurt anything.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Running 1.25 Ripsaw on my 2003 ZR for over 1000 miles. I do have some rubber marks on the coolers up towards the front but no damage to the track. I like to run my track on the loose side but it's never ratcheted on me. I'd say leave it alone and don't worry about it. :div20:

·
Registered
800 Posts
how heavy are you? I run my track loose and I am a large guy, and my cooler are black with rubber, and I sure wouldn't waste my time notchin a 1.25 track :tease:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im about 190lbs.. I installed the track and I'm going to leave it alone. Im not running studs and there's enough people here running it the way it is so Im sure it will be ok.

·
Registered
445 Posts
they all rub.the ashphalt track rubs.don't worry about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts