Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I used 1.175 on my F7 with a 1" track, I was told either size would work. But I only have 20 miles on mine so far, so wait to make sure someone replies with more miles to make sure they work. But, they should work.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I went with the 1.075 because thats what was recommended and I didn't want to take the chance with that large rear cooler. But the difference is so small I bet you would be fine.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've got 136 1.075's in mine and they hook up just fine. I don't know how
many you plan on putting in, or how much you weigh, or what kind of riding
you do most. But as far as the longer stud you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I went with a 1.150 from shade tree. they had a great price and are holding up great. Now if i can only keep my flap from sucking in. They hook up great. Just don't get their plastic backers!!! I broke 12 just installing 102. Took them all out and used alum. instead.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Do stud makers measure stud length differntly? i bought redtip studs , 170, 1.25" for my F7. My buddy has a new zr 800 and he bought woody's and they are 1.175 , yet we have the same penetration. what gives????

·
Registered
179 Posts
Originally posted by snowhunter@Jan 13 2003, 08:35 PM
Do stud makers measure stud length differntly? i bought redtip studs , 170, 1.25" for my F7. My buddy has a new zr 800 and he bought woody's and they are 1.175 , yet we have the same penetration. what gives????
Most stud manufacturers and Woodys in one of them measure the stud length from the top of the backers. Redtips are measured on the complete lug from the bottom of the lug to the top. Thus a 1.0" track lug would take a 1.25" Redtip stud. I've got the Redtips in my F7 too, any problems with them yet (only have 23 miles on the sled)? No snow here in Minnesota.

·
Registered
30 Posts
why would it matter if you put 1.450 studs both f-7 and the snow pro have the same mounting location in the tunnel with the same tunnel clearance by the way shade tree sucks

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
LOL! Scaryscott, PLEASE use a little punctuation, so we can at least somewhat try to make sense of your posts. Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts