Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a more aggressive track in a 1.25" for my 05 Rev 800. Could you tell me from your experience would it be worth it to change my track? I ride on Michigan trails lower and upper penninsula. I don't want to use studs, will the track make a considerable difference?

·
Registered
671 Posts
In powder yes it's better.But if you only trail ride i'd stud.Big difference. :augen41:

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
going from a 1" to a 1.25" is a tremendous difference! i wont run anything smaller after i tried a ripsaw. get ready to holeshot all your friends, in all snow conditions.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Originally posted by n2oiroc@Sep 28 2005, 09:48 AM
going from a 1" to a 1.25" is a tremendous difference! i wont run anything smaller after i tried a ripsaw. get ready to holeshot all your friends, in all snow conditions.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=897109
[/quote]

i pretty much agree, i had my first 1 1/4 last year after years of having 1 inch tracks and i'll never go back. 1 1/4 hooks better and performs better in all conditions imho. the only draw back is a slight top end loss but the positives far outway the negatives :banana:

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
If you're not going to stud get the 1.5", there's a huge difference between a 1" and a 1.25", you get the same improvement going 1.25 to 1.5.

I've had a 1.5 on my 700 and 800HO and the only time I didn't think it was better than the 1.25 was on icy roads., they get a little squirrley however it's OK if you're aware of it.

I'm getting a 1.25" and studding just so I can run the lake a bit, otherwise it would be another 1.5. Once you hammer it on some hard pack with the big track you'll have a big grin on your face, it hooks hard. Fun off trail too.

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by DooSkiX@Sep 28 2005, 12:44 PM
If you're not going to stud get the 1.5", there's a huge difference between a 1" and a 1.25", you get the same improvement going 1.25 to 1.5.

I've had a 1.5 on my 700 and 800HO and the only time I didn't think it was better than the 1.25 was on icy roads., they get a little squirrley however it's OK if you're aware of it.

I'm getting a 1.25" and studding just so I can run the lake a bit, otherwise it would be another 1.5. Once you hammer it on some hard pack with the big track you'll have a big grin on your face, it hooks hard. Fun off trail too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=897365
[/quote]
i think im really going to like my 136" x 1.75"!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put a Camoplast 9854 1 1/4" and 1" staggard lugs on my 00600 and it made a big difference in holeshot and powder, did loose a little on top and the sled had more vibration but worth every dime.

·
Registered
506 Posts
the ripsaw track is the only way to go,all around best in all conditions.
water,snow,powder.
it outperforms any track,acts like it is studded on hard pack.
and still rips through powder.

·
Registered
Switchback Assault 800
898 Posts
Running top end is gay anyway. How much fun is that? Its all about that arm strecthing bottom end burst from corner to corner. Go with the 1.25"

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Originally posted by RevRomeo@Sep 30 2005, 11:16 AM
the ripsaw track is the only way to go,all around best in all conditions.
water,snow,powder.
it outperforms any track,acts like it is studded on hard pack.
and still rips through powder.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=901125
[/quote]

Really? I've had both a rip saw and standard paddle type 1.25 (doo's), both were studded and the standard paddle is much better. The rip saw doesn't hook in powder or loose conditions like a paddle. I really don't know why the rip saw gets hyped as much as it does. :dunno:

·
Registered
10,641 Posts
Originally posted by dynofox@Oct 7 2005, 03:12 PM
Really? I've had both a rip saw and standard paddle type 1.25 (doo's), both were studded and the standard paddle is much better. The rip saw doesn't hook in powder or loose conditions like a paddle. I really don't know why the rip saw gets hyped as much as it does.  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=914930
[/quote]
ill agree to a point. the ripsaw is the best on packed trails. in loose or deep snow a paddle shines.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I made the dealer change out the track on my sdi before I picked it up. Once you run a 1.25 track you will probably want only that from now on. It makes sense that the top end is affected, but I think my clutch kit affects top end as well, but the backshift and acceleration combined with the grip of the track is a blast.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My first experience with the 1 1/4 " track was a few years ago, when i bought one for my MACH Z 800, "WOW" what a difference it made, couldnt believe how that thing would ripp!!!!! Havent had a sled since then that doesnt have the 1 1/4" track. Only thing better?? is a 136"

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 1.25 track is the smallest lug hight i'll run on. I also won't ride anything less than a 136. The hookup and bottom end are much more powerful than a 121 with 1 inch lugs.If you want top end, been there, done that, then go get yourself a tricked out 1000 and point it straight. Never studded a 1.25 either , works just fine as long as you know your sled.Good Luck

·
Registered
789 Posts
I ordered my 05 Rev with a 1.25" paddle track and have been very impressed with it in the powder. I've gone thu places I shouldn't have with a 121". But for trail riding I think the RipSaw might be a better choice. :beerchug:

·
Registered
71 Posts
1.25" is the only way to go! Never have a 1" again. When my buddy gets stuck in the same sled I have, but a 1" track. I go around him and break the trail so it is easier to pull him out! :banana:

If you don't want to loose any top end and don't go in the really deep stuff, go for the Ripsaw. If you don't mind loosing about 3mph top end (not that big of a deal when you are going over 1000mph) and want better deep snow floatation, go with the doo 1.25" track.

I Stud to Stop and make them Michigan ice corners though!

·
Registered
5,521 Posts
1.25, its an amazing difference. in a drag on looshis snow it gets a 3 or 4 sled length jump on the identical sled with 1 inch

1 - 17 of 17 Posts