Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that will give me a great deal $45.00 for a new unused 098 belt. He said it is for a fusion but with work on my pro x. Says it has deeper cut cogs on top for added cooling. Has anyone tried one or or is he blowing smoke up my a$$.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
I know that polaris was handing out belts like door prizes if you complained about your fusion....... I would stick with your 080, I think the belt that was oem on the 2005 900 has already been updated???? I could be wrong on this. If your having belt issues with your prox you should gear it down some and check your clutching........

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not having problems with my belt. I bought my prox used last year and rode it 600 miles with no problems, other than lack of top speed. Which I may have addressed with clutching changes. I was looking for a spare belt and not wanting to spend $80 on a belt to sit in the holder.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I'm going to be tryin an 098 this year. I bought one last year and never installed it. It should run cooler and be a bit more durable...kevlar reinforced. They are almost $90 from Poo.

·
Registered
2021 Polaris VR1 850 137"
1,326 Posts
The 098 belt will last longer than the 080 belt but it is also harder in compound slightly. It raised my rpm's by 150-200. It is a deep top cog that is extremely flexable and works good. If you dont have any problems with the 080, stick with it. But for $45.00 bucks, its worth it.

:div20:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If anyone wants to try a 098 belt, I have a near new one that I would sell for $30 shipped in the US.

Great shape, only 150 miles on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts